Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight frozen ‘on’ after SW update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very strange problem. I just updated software on my S to 2023.7.20. Now my driver side headlight will not turn off. Passenger side turns on and off normally. I’ve tried scroll wheel reboot and powered off with touch screen…stays on. Activating high beams works on passenger headlight but not driver side. It’s as if the headlight is frozen. Any ideas what to try next?

Reactions: David Harvey
I just had this exact problem happen today with an update. The update was for 2023.32.4.

I tried driving the car and the left turn signal works, but flashes fast without the clicking sound. I was writing to ask how to fix it when I found this thread. It's behaving like something shorted out, but I guess it is software.

Hopefully it will reset by tomorrow.

I just had this exact problem happen today with an update. The update was for 2023.32.4.

I tried driving the car and the left turn signal works, but flashes fast without the clicking sound. I was writing to ask how to fix it when I found this thread. It's behaving like something shorted out, but I guess it is software.

Hopefully it will reset by tomorrow.
This exact thing (left headlight always on, left turn signal super fast without clicking) just happened to me when I did the update today 2023.44.30.4

Whaaat? 2016 MS HW3 MCU2 upgrade