Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Headlight "ON" when "OFF" is this a CDN thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't fix the original poster's problem but I realised today that opening the charge port immediately turns the headlights off... Might be useful for trips to the drive in :)

Do all front cluster lights and lower effect lights go off when chargeport is opened, or just the low beam bulbs leaving a bunch of other lights on?. ... I guess I could get off my duff and go try for myself. OK, I will do that. Forget I asked, nice talking to you self.

A friend of mine got a firmware update at a service center last week and it solved the headlight issue in his case. Sorry, I don't know the version number.

Yes, I got 8.0 (2.46.16) myself at the SC last week and it seems to have fixed the ON when OFF thing and I believe it has fixed the brief flash of the HIDs every time you turn the car on in broad daylight. I need to test out the "flash" issue a bit further to see if it is really fixed and gone.

Yes, I got 8.0 (2.46.16) myself at the SC last week and it seems to have fixed the ON when OFF thing and I believe it has fixed the brief flash of the HIDs every time you turn the car on in broad daylight. I need to test out the "flash" issue a bit further to see if it is really fixed and gone.
That's good to hear, thx for confirming.

The workaround (keep foot on brake, press headlights Off button, then after that put into Park) isn't working for me anymore. I guess I'll wait for the update.