Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! CCS mod on S. Firmware download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon, I had my 2016 S mod for the CCS adaptor. To save time, I said I would download the firmware at home. I am home and thought it would be on my phone like a software update, so just press go and all is well.

However, there is nothing.

Any ideas?

Do I need to do something else?

Thanks

This afternoon, I had my 2016 S mod for the CCS adaptor. To save time, I said I would download the firmware at home. I am home and thought it would be on my phone like a software update, so just press go and all is well.

However, there is nothing.

Any ideas?

Do I need to do something else?

Thanks

Sounds a bit odd.

When mine was done the ranger did the update at the same time by connecting directly to his laptop and I thought that was a part of the 'commissioning' process?

Have you tried the CCS adapter yet, it may be that the software is already there?

They asked me at the time and said it would save between half an hour and an hour, if I downloaded it at home. As I had a 60 mile journey I agreed to that. Was expecting for it to show up, when I home.

Mind you, now I look, I can see Amesbury Supercharger and that is ccs only, so perhaps you are right and magic has happened!

I didn't see it before, that is how I found out it was CCS only and hence the mod. So something has happened! There could be software and firmware, who knows!?

Have you not gone out yet then?

Agree your comment on the CCS chargers becoming visible by the way - same happened with mine, after the update I could see chargers which didn't show up before.

No drove home the 60+ miles in pouring rain, tonight and thought I had to tune into my WiFi and away it would go. Nothing. Only got 40m in charge, can't afford a non working ccs when I get to Amesbury! Will probably give it a go and if it doesn't work, I can get a small charge at Tesco, down the road. Fingers crossed!

No drove home the 60+ miles in pouring rain, tonight and thought I had to tune into my WiFi and away it would go. Nothing. Only got 40m in charge, can't afford a non working ccs when I get to Amesbury! Will probably give it a go and if it doesn't work, I can get a small charge at Tesco, down the road. Fingers crossed!
There are two Polar/BP Pulse chargers there which gives you a slightly quicker option than Tesco, assuming they work!

Have you not gone out yet then?

Agree your comment on the CCS chargers becoming visible by the way - same happened with mine, after the update I could see chargers which didn't show up before.
My Nov 2019 CCS retrofit worked at Amesbury last week but that supercharger does not show on the map and it's not found by a search in Navigation. Is this a map version issue? Map is EU-2019.20-10482, car software 2020.48.10.

What a day!
Currently charging using my CCS adaptor.

Couple of trips to the supercharger and charging at Tesco to get home.

3 calls to Roadside assistance.

Turned out that although I had tge right update, it was prior to my retrofit, so did not accept the ccs charger.

Limped home and charged and downloaded the software. Held breath but it works.

Not particularly fast. Started at 120 but within a very short time, it was under a hundred. Currebtky at 70 and I only gave 71m 61 added after 10 mins.

Charged at Gordano Bristol and 122 held for some time on my type 2.

That's all folks.

Not particularly fast. Started at 120 but within a very short time, it was under a hundred. Currebtky at 70 and I only gave 71m 61 added after 10 mins.

Charged at Gordano Bristol and 122 held for some time on my type 2.

That's all folks.

The speed on mine has been nothing spectacular either - I was told the main limitation is the capability of the car itself, not so much the cable/plug it's attached to. The ranger who fitted mine said I would get the same speed from either cable on the superchargers.

The main reason I wanted the upgrade was to make sure I had the option to use whatever chargers I came across, particularly as the default now seems to be CCS.

Ha! Had to go to Bristol last night, so had a surcharge burst at Gordano. Stopped at Amesbury, near home and had another 40 mins, so I can get about, OK. Adaptor paying me back.

Merry Christmas and many fruitful Tesla experiences next year.