Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

**HELP**... i need a Tesla Mechanic.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, i have a clean title tesla S and i have a salvaged tesla S, I've been buying parts for my salvaged with my clean title. i got it all working and now i cannot charge it a t home anymore, I've done all i know and its a no go....sooooo, i m looking for a tesla mechanic that i can take it to so he can fix my dang thing... I'm ion Michigan, i know tulle be hard toi find one here, but maybe in Chicago or Ohio or Indianna or something. thanks in advance, take care and GOD BLESS.

could it be that the mothership disabled the ability of the car to charge?

They would not disable home charging, only Supercharging. After checking into this car, it did not have Supercharging enabled anyway so my above comment is partially moot. I would also suspect that because you have 2 Tesla's that you had a second UMC to be able to test if the UMC was defective or not. What are the symptoms? Without having enough information, next suspect is onboard charger.

Fuse failures in the onboard charger are a known issue and there are videos online about how to replace, depending on your skill level maybe consider an assist from a friend neighbor, cousin who is an electrician just due to the voltage involved if you fail to disable the power, they would be better equipped to be able to test that power is off before proceeding to the next step.

They would not disable home charging, only Supercharging. After checking into this car, it did not have Supercharging enabled anyway so my above comment is partially moot. I would also suspect that because you have 2 Tesla's that you had a second UMC to be able to test if the UMC was defective or not. What are the symptoms? Without having enough information, next suspect is onboard charger.
Yes the UMC works fine on my other one.
The broken one will not let the charge port open or unlock the charge port, I have to open the charge port manually . Then after that is done it will not let the UMC Enter the charging port home, it stays Locked as well.

Yes the UMC works fine on my other one.
The broken one will not let the charge port open or unlock the charge port, I have to open the charge port manually . Then after that is done it will not let the UMC Enter the charging port home, it stays Locked as well.

I think that not allowing you to insert the charger is a totally different issue than everyone assumed you were having here. I know I (and I think everyone else) assumed that you could open the charge port door and insert the charger normally, but it wouldn’t actually start to charge.

In any case, at this point I’m wondering if it might be a dead or bad 12V battery. Is anything working on the car at this point? Is there any charge left in the main battery?

I think that not allowing you to insert the charger is a totally different issue than everyone assumed you were having here. I know I (and I think everyone else) assumed that you could open the charge port door and insert the charger normally, but it wouldn’t actually start to charge.

In any case, at this point I’m wondering if it might be a dead or bad 12V battery. Is anything working on the car at this point? Is there any charge left in the main battery?

So, you might check for a blown fuse in the fuse block also. Charge port does not light up?

I jus bought a brand new 12 volt and replaced it. Still no luck

So are you able to test if you have any power to the charge port? Do you get a magnetic sound when you use the screen control and tell it to unlock the port. How about using the same controls can you lock and unlock the other points of the car? If power is to the port than a probable bad port. It sound like you still need to look at the last of the fuses yet, you said.

Last edited: