TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Help, I think I want to change to Red....

Discussion in 'Model X' started by rdalcanto, Mar 11, 2016.

1. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

We ordered white. Saw a Red one today. It looked amazing. But we need some pictures to help it sink in and decide. We have less than 24 hours until it becomes too late. Please post pics of your Red Model X, or any that you find.

Thanks!

P.S. - Does the Red look instantly dirt all the time?

2. kptesl

kptesl Member

3. CarlK

CarlK Member

You know the one you saw is sig red or MC red? I would think MC red is the same as S. You might be able to check one out in the store or SC.

4. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

It was the MC red. It was cloudy, so it almost looked Signature, but definitely was not. My wife's last two cars have been white. We love how they almost always look clean, even when they aren't. But the Model X in white doesn't look great, in our opinion. We loved the MC Red. She is a little worried that it is too flashy for her. Need pics....

5. ModelX

ModelX Member

Love the red!

6. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Check out the recent thread from XPEL on doing at MC Red X. It's pretty sweet.

We were going to do the pearl at first and then saw a MC Red S with tan interior and that sinked it, even though I don't really like metallic reds.

7. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

Here you go:
    Red Multicoat Model X Photos

8. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

9. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

10. MikeL

MikeL some guy

Hey r, it was great to see you there today! MC red is indeed one of the best. I think the X looks especially good in white. I decided on midnite silver at the last moment. So yes, red or white - how's that for help?!

11. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

If we did not have an MC Red Model S we would have ordered A red X, have it Opti-Coated and it always looks clean. I get many comments on the color and although it is almost 3 years old everyone thinks it is brand new.

12. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Did you ask your DS if it was too late to change and get told that you had 24 hours until it was too late? If so that is pretty promising that your vehicle is going into production very soon and not towards the end of the month like the email we all received mentioned.

13. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

You can't make any changes within two weeks of production. So that puts production the last week of March.

14. Monkey

Monkey Member

That Facebook link doesn't work as it's a reference to your saved collection, have to share the actual link.

To the OP, the color is really something you'll have to wrestle with on your own. Red cars just don't do it for me... Wife and I decided on pearl white with white seats. I think the X looks awesome in any of the colors though. I personally would have got the blue, but just recently bought a new truck that happens to be blue. My second choice was midnight silver, followed by the pearl white. Wife wanted titanium or pearl white... So here we are.

15. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

It was great to run into you again Mike! Thanks for your....recommendation.... LOL

16. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Member

#16 rdalcanto, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    I went back to the SC center with a stool tall enough so I could peak over the fence, and took a bunch of pics. I think we are going to make the change.... IMG_0155.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_0158.JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0169.JPG IMG_0171.JPG IMG_0174.JPG

Attached Files:

17. ModelX

ModelX Member

Nice pictures!! I don't think you can go wrong!

18. Roamer

Roamer Member

Sig Red and original red multi coat side by side.

image.jpg
    I like both reds. But the Sig Red is my favorite.
    image.jpeg

19. danbucks

danbucks Member

When we picked up our Pearl White:
    Other wife: "I like your pearl white choice.... I was regretting Red and thinking of switching from Red to White"
    Wife: "I like your Red choice ... I was nervous about White and thinking of switching to Red"

Yep, you cannot go wrong, and yes, the grass will immediately be greener as soon as you see the other car color choices being picked up.
    Ignore that grass.

20. kennybroh

kennybroh Member

In the pictures the regular red looks pretty vivid, which the Sig red looks much more interesting. Is the normal X red the same as the S?