Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 97 35.3%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Between choices you like equally, wouldn't it make sense to choose the less expensive option? I.e. white or MSM exterior with black interior.

In hot climates, it may be preferable to choose lighter colors. Lighter colors would also be more visible at night. With lots of snow, a car that is not white may be more visible.
I live in Seattle area where we rarely get snow. Even when I go skiing you don’t see snow until the last 5-10 miles. So maybe white would be best.

How much does the interior make a difference from a heat perspective. Even with cooling the AC does black get noticeably hotter than white? I like doing summer road trips to California so if AC is enough then I’ll probably get white/black. If not then white/white.

I probably would pay for a color to be more unique.

Hit up the your pictures now thread.

I vote red
PXL_20220425_175944904.jpg

PXL_20220425_180141489.jpg
PXL_20220422_211029928.jpg
PXL_20211030_140216530.jpg
PXL_20211113_140133359.jpg

Doesn't look dull to me

Red is indeed dope. In a sea of boring colors, red stands out.

It depends on your personality. I used to have a red 2 door that I loved. I was going to get the blue M3P until I saw red in the service center. I changed my mind on the spot. When the light hits it just right, it’s breathtakingly beautiful.

Red is indeed dope. In a sea of boring colors, red stands out.

It depends on your personality. I used to have a red 2 door that I loved. I was going to get the blue M3P until I saw red in the service center. I changed my mind on the spot. When the light hits it just right, it’s breathtakingly beautiful.
Indeed. When I saw a red M3 yesterday I was like WOW. I also really like white and MSM as well and they are free. The blue in real life is too dark for my tastes.

My take:
Red = sporty
Blue = classy
Grey = boring
Black = aggressive (Performance versions)
White = always okay

Pick what fit’s you the best 😉

Just traded my red model S for a black model y performance. Red was to much for me and my business.

My take:
Red = sporty
Blue = classy
Grey = boring
Black = aggressive (Performance versions)
White = always okay

Pick what fit’s you the best 😉

Just traded my red model S for a black model y performance. Red was to much for me and my business.
Yeah I know I don’t like MSM because it’s a bit too boring for my tastes. The blue I agree is classy.

I think white looks sporty at times too, same for red. Did you enjoy the red? Any paint issues?

You cannot beat the contrast of white and black trim, looks amazing. That being said, color is in the eye of the beholder and I could not give a hoot if someone else likes a different color. Not too sure why these types of polls are created and hopefully you will not choose a color based on a majority of votes.

I almost went for a red with black interior for the S, changed my mind and went back to my all time favorite of white which dated back to a 1981 Toyota Supra, my first car I purchased. Got a red loaner when she went in for service and said to myself, oh boy, that would have been a big mistake if I have not changed it to white.

I heard blue was harder to maintain. It’s true, MSM looks the best when dirty. Tbh the white teslas look good in my city even when dirty (but we don’t get a lot of snow in the PNW). But yeah my issue with white is that everyone has it.

Although I think my issue is that I don’t really like teslas paint colors, but also would prefer not to spend another $3-$4k on a wrap. MSM looks cool but it is still gray. My current car is gray (although not as a beautiful gray. Way lighter color).

Like when I was shopping for BMW it was easy to choose a paint color. But none of teslas colors particularly “wow” me. But I do love the car, and tbh you are mostly inside of the car anyway.

Doesn't the PNW get really muddy when it rains? That's what I remember from the time I lived in Seattle. That's why most cars in Seattle have darker colors like olive green, dark blue, and grey.