Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me finalize color choice! Blue vs White vs Red

Which color?

• White

Votes: 81 29.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 97 35.3%
  • Red

Votes: 97 35.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did read the other thread but feel my situation is different and the other thread didn’t discuss blue and red in depth.

Getting 18” aero wheels. I’m leaning towards black interior. I might be open to white but only downsides of it are that it really brightens up the exterior from the outside. Kinda dislike that fishbowl look. But I do like that it makes the cabin feel more airy. I also do eat food in the car, so while it is easy to cleanup, might still be more hassle.

I live in the PNW, and noticed the Red looks a bit dull. But at night and in the sunshine it looks amazing.

Blue is kind of the middle road. I like that I’m choosing a color that isn’t some version of off-white like 90% of cars.

White I think makes the cars curves look good, but as a driver I didn’t like looking at the white hood of the car since it’s really bright (idk weird OCD stuff LOL). And idk, everyone has white. But tbh white looks the best on this car, especially the rear quarter view. I think I could probably get over the hood thing.

The benefit is that I can wrap white it since it’s free. But honestly I would rather not have to spend another $3-$4k for something that doesn’t last forever.

Red and Blue would look good in white or black interior. White and white for me is too much white personally.

Idk how to decide, how do the blue and red paint hold up?

I’m in my mid 20s so I do want to have the feeling of looking back at my car as I walk away :D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
I did read the other thread but feel my situation is different and the other thread didn’t discuss blue and red in depth.

Getting 18” aero wheels. I’m leaning towards black interior. I might be open to white but only downsides of it are that it really brightens up the exterior from the outside. Kinda dislike that fishbowl look. But I do like that it makes the cabin feel more airy. I also do eat food in the car, so while it is easy to cleanup, might still be more hassle.

I live in the PNW, and noticed the Red looks a bit dull. But at night and in the sunshine it looks amazing.

Blue is kind of the middle road. I like that I’m choosing a color that isn’t some version of off-white like 90% of cars.

White I think makes the cars curves look good, but as a driver I didn’t like looking at the white hood of the car since it’s really bright (idk weird OCD stuff LOL). And idk, everyone has white. But tbh white looks the best on this car, especially the rear quarter view. I think I could probably get over the hood thing.

The benefit is that I can wrap white it since it’s free. But honestly I would rather not have to spend another $3-$4k for something that doesn’t last forever.

Red and Blue would look good in white or black interior. White and white for me is too much white personally.

Idk how to decide, how do the blue and red paint hold up?

I’m in my mid 20s so I do want to have the feeling of looking back at my car as I walk away :D
I’m biased lol. Black decals, black rimitrix hubs, red calipers, tint. Black interior. :)

Attachments

• FE6A2A36-8623-43CF-A778-5427FF0E2053.jpeg
    FE6A2A36-8623-43CF-A778-5427FF0E2053.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 2,521
  • 9EF11C4B-DC61-47ED-A6FB-95ABF60545EC.jpeg
    9EF11C4B-DC61-47ED-A6FB-95ABF60545EC.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 1,672
  • 91E91F6A-7A13-460C-A383-A54B3574A70C.jpeg
    91E91F6A-7A13-460C-A383-A54B3574A70C.jpeg
    681.3 KB · Views: 1,712
  • A2E9DCB8-159A-4666-8919-76BA8E3E633C.jpeg
    A2E9DCB8-159A-4666-8919-76BA8E3E633C.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 1,707
  • AEE86D8C-D887-4C86-AD81-F6314CE3847B.jpeg
    AEE86D8C-D887-4C86-AD81-F6314CE3847B.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 1,578
  • 4F21006B-1EE7-431B-91E4-A86A537A5D31.jpeg
    4F21006B-1EE7-431B-91E4-A86A537A5D31.jpeg
    477.2 KB · Views: 1,487
  • C06B40DF-B4DE-40BB-A611-27731CE28710.jpeg
    C06B40DF-B4DE-40BB-A611-27731CE28710.jpeg
    487 KB · Views: 1,435
Reactions: RyanS
Look at how your car will look on average over the next few years. Not the day you pick it up or get it wrapped.
All colors look great all shined up.

MSM Looks good days after you wash it.

White and Black are the worst colors. Car always looks like trash 90% of the time.

Blue is real close to black.

Red is the least worst on OP list.

Red, Blue, White would be my order.

White is just horrible. Picks up these little tar spots (they looks like rust spots). All my white cars have done this. Never again.

White is also so boring looking and common.

Look at how your car will look on average over the next few years. Not the day you pick it up or get it wrapped.

White and Black are the worst colors. Car always looks like trash 90% of the time.

White is just horrible. Picks up these little tar spots (they looks like rust spots). All my white cars have done this. Never again.

Don't you wash your car? Our first one is white and it rocks. No idea about "tar spots" LOL. The Tesla blue and red are just very "cheap" looking colors to me. Pick up our second a MSM Friday...love the white so much I almost go another but decided to change it up.

Don't you wash your car? Our first one is white and it rocks. No idea about "tar spots" LOL. The Tesla blue and red are just very "cheap" looking colors to me. Pick up our second a MSM Friday...love the white so much I almost go another but decided to change it up.
In NewEngland, in winter, maybe once a month. I got better things to do. A white car will be trash in 10 miles. Black in 5 miles.

I think white cars look cheap to me. They look like they were not painted to me. Now if it was a true Pearl White like Audi or Jeep that’s another matter. Now that would be cool, a white car wrapped in a true Pearl White.

I am tired of MSM, I’ll be in my 3rd. But it’s rich looking and easy to maintain. Washed frequently or not.

I agree sometimes red can look cheap.

Black always looks great, but impossible to keep it presentable.

Mine is white, but I rented a blue one in LA a few weeks ago and I actually preferred the white. They otherwise drive the same.

I just returned from a quick trip to where the snow was still melting and my white car is a mess now.

I think the Model 3 looks great in Grey with the 18 aero wheels (Good thing, because thats what I have :)), otherwise I would go with white.

100%...that's what I am picking up on Friday. I've always had white cars with black wheels which is what the M3 we got in Sept is.

2BFF4EFC-5D59-4FB6-A37A-9C60FE24452B.jpeg

Missing this guy but although only a 2019 it was getting up there in milage...never had any luck with BMW's out of warranty. LOL

9EE56E84-B67C-4C70-8C9F-5244B51B968F.jpeg

Reactions: house9
Wish i could tell you. I had it for 4 months and sold it to get a black one! Into the dark knight look now. But I can tell you from experience owning a 2018 100D S for 3 yrs…the red held up beautifully. The multi coat made it more resilient and stronger than solid colours.
I do miss the red quite a bit as easier to maintain and clean than darker Color’s…

This pic was taken before I returned off lease…3 yrs of aging :)

I do really like red. How does it hold up long term?

Attachments

• 62C0D567-7EDF-4C4B-ABD1-CD3ACFD246A4.jpeg
    62C0D567-7EDF-4C4B-ABD1-CD3ACFD246A4.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 2,008

I heard blue was harder to maintain. It’s true, MSM looks the best when dirty. Tbh the white teslas look good in my city even when dirty (but we don’t get a lot of snow in the PNW). But yeah my issue with white is that everyone has it.

Although I think my issue is that I don’t really like teslas paint colors, but also would prefer not to spend another $3-$4k on a wrap. MSM looks cool but it is still gray. My current car is gray (although not as a beautiful gray. Way lighter color).

Like when I was shopping for BMW it was easy to choose a paint color. But none of teslas colors particularly “wow” me. But I do love the car, and tbh you are mostly inside of the car anyway.

I think the Model 3 looks great in Grey with the 18 aero wheels (Good thing, because thats what I have :)), otherwise I would go with white.
This is a good point! I think even though grey looks a bit dull, it might be the best option with the aero wheels because it’s no extra cost and isn’t as popular as white. Might also be easier to wrap if I decide to do that down the line since it’s close to black.

But I should mention I was planning on taking off the Aero covers except for road trips.

It’s a good thing MSM is now free (although they did also raise the price haha).

Reactions: Maric and house9
This is a good point! I think even though grey looks a bit dull, it might be the best option with the aero wheels because it’s no extra cost and isn’t as popular as white. Might also be easier to wrap if I decide to do that down the line since it’s close to black.

But I should mention I was planning on taking off the Aero covers except for road trips.

It’s a good thing MSM is now free (although they did also raise the price haha).

Whats the range loss on the standard wheels? I'd never do it but just wondering.

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 3.00.34 PM.png