Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed: Hansshow 10.25” Instrument Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help. My car has been in my garage for a day and a half for a 1 hour-ish project. I am adding the Hansshow 10.25” display to my dash, a bit for CarPlay but mostly for the front camera feature. Got the unit wired up, everything works great but I am having a real hard time with cable management and routing the wires in such a way that my dash comes down. Seems something is blocking it but hard to tell what and installation videos don’t really show detail in how that are routing wires under the dash.

Anybody out there who has installed this display or similar have any tips for routing?

Attachments

• IMG_8899.jpeg
    IMG_8899.jpeg
    525.9 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8900.jpeg
    IMG_8900.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 81
This might or might not help, but here is a short video I made of my cable routing on a Model 3. The usual recommendations are to just slop the wires in there, and route them through the air flow sections, which requires smashing down the foam sealers. I thought that was really sloppy and bad, and there is a gap on the front lip that allows for much better routing.

This might or might not help, but here is a short video I made of my cable routing on a Model 3. The usual recommendations are to just slop the wires in there, and route them through the air flow sections, which requires smashing down the foam sealers. I thought that was really sloppy and bad, and there is a gap on the front lip that allows for much better routing.

I might not be routing correctly but have tried routing through the front. Looks like you have one cable harness but I have a few. One harness holds the canbus and positive/negative lines and I have a separate camera cable. The connectors may also be causing issues owing to their size.

Attachments

• IMG_8901.jpeg
    IMG_8901.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 83