Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed. Major issues with repair.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I picked up my car from repair last week from Bel-Red auto in Bellevue, Wa. I've had many issues with this shop and was finally hoping to get my car back fixed. For a long description of the issues leading up to the repair see my review posted on 12.8.16 (Bel-Red Auto Rebuild - Bellevue, WA)

At first I though the damage was isolated to the stoneguard. However, my freaking FRONT bumper seems to be falling off! I have emailed Tesla with everything I found, in addition to my insurance company... However, at this point I wonder is the car even safe to drive.... I'm not sure how the front bumper connects, but it doesn't just pop right back in :(.

The damage for repair was to my Left rear quarter panel.....

Attachments

• DSC_0120.JPG
    DSC_0120.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC_0108.JPG
    DSC_0108.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0104.JPG
    DSC_0104.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_0106.JPG
    DSC_0106.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 105
Here is the damage from the accident... There was no damage to the front.... The shop estimate this repair as approximatly 10k and ended up charging my insurance almost >20k... And I get back a car that is falling apart...
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG
DSC_0087.JPG
DSC_0088.JPG

That's just crappy work. It's the repair shops responsibility. I'd be back there talking loudly to someone higher up.

I don't feel Tesla should be dragged in to it.

When it's done, trash em via reviews with your pics.
The only reason I picked this shop was because it was "Tesla Certified". On Tesla's website it states, "We demand the highest standards from our Approved Body Shop Network through rigorous training and assessment of all the technicians that will work on your vehicle".

Due to the above, I believe Tesla needs to be involved. Additionally, a firm believer in Tesla and stockholder, I do not want anyone else to experience this. This shop has the potential to cause much damage to the brand.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Wow that's a lot of money for what looks like a minor accident. $20k? I don't know how they could come up with that. I'd be mad as hell about the price and the quality of the work.
I know tell me about it.... This shop is a scam... I'm not sure how they are certified by Tesla. I was expecting a perfect car based on this crazy price and instead I got one that is now falling apart...

"Tesla Certified," unfortunately, doesn't mean that they care. I had my MC Red MS fixed at a Dallas-area Tesla certified body shop, John Eagle, and I was horrified at the poor quality of their work. Orange peel paint, overspray on the glass and rubber, etc.

I would definitely raise a stink to Tesla.
I'm guessing you did? Did you get any response from them? Did you get the issues ultimately resolved? I've emailed them a few times and I keep getting the same type of message -- something like thanks for keeping us updated, we'll add this to your already open issue. I was really hoping Tesla would swoop in and save me from this situation or at least help some...

Tesla is not going to be of much help... the problem with body shops is they get a nice fat check before your car is even repaired so you are at their mercy for shoddy work. Id have a attorney draft a letter with pictures showing the crappy job and threaten to sue, that should get them to fix your car.

• Helpful
Reactions: hpartsch
I talked to my insurance and it looks like they will let me take it somewhere else! Someone else pointed out the gaping on the rear hatch is significantly more on one side... My pinky fits in one side while on the other side it doesn't... The problem list just keeps growing :(.

Anyways, taking my car to a different shop tomorrow. Will update as I discover more. Unfortunately still nothing from Tesla :(.

Took it to another shop, they pointed out even more issues. Looks like the car was never measured or at least they didn't bill for it. Showed me how bad this gaping is :(.

I would be pissed if I were you!
First 20k for that small amount of damage was a little overboard!
Also why did they remove your front bumper if the damage was at the rear of the car?
And now your panel gaping is ruined! Have you been back to talk to someone higher in management or have you contacted their corporate office?
If I were you I would be in that shop right now giving them a piece of my mind!

I would be pissed if I were you!
First 20k for that small amount of damage was a little overboard!
Also why did they remove your front bumper if the damage was at the rear of the car?
And now your panel gaping is ruined! Have you been back to talk to someone higher in management or have you contacted their corporate office?
If I were you I would be in that shop right now giving them a piece of my mind!
I have no idea, that is what the body shop asked me. I'm not sure if it was for brake lines possibly? Now even USAA seems to be giving me the run around -- one another person just told me that I need to deal with the original shop and they won't pay anything extra.... If this is the case, what is my recourse?

I have no idea, that is what the body shop asked me. I'm not sure if it was for brake lines possibly? Now even USAA seems to be giving me the run around -- one another person just told me that I need to deal with the original shop and they won't pay anything extra.... If this is the case, what is my recourse?

Possibly they could have been about the brake lines!
If they wont pay anything extra go back to the body shop and deal with them!
And the damage to your nose comb wasn't there before you took the car in for repair?

• Helpful
Possibly they could have been about the brake lines!
If they wont pay anything extra go back to the body shop and deal with them!
And the damage to your nose comb wasn't there before you took the car in for repair?
No, unfortunately this is the least of my concerns though. I think they are getting cars mixed up... I just bought the car 2 weeks prior to the accident and here is a picture of the front prior to accident.
upload_2016-12-29_10-35-22.png

Attachments

• IMG_20160903_152551.jpg
    IMG_20160903_152551.jpg
    722.4 KB · Views: 69
No, unfortunately this is the least of my concerns though. I think they are getting cars mixed up... I just bought the car 2 weeks prior to the accident and here is a picture of the front prior to accident.

No I think they are saying that the pre-inspection before work began only has listed the one wheel as damaged, so the front bumper/nose cone being damaged is new and will need to be dealt with. (That is how I read it.)

No I think they are saying that the pre-inspection before work began only has listed the one wheel as damaged, so the front bumper/nose cone being damaged is new and will need to be dealt with. (That is how I read it.)
Oh yeah I agree with you. My post must have been not worded well -- the shop is the one getting things confused -- they have previously mixed up information on my car before, saying things like your blue tesla with the front end collision (mine being red and not having such).

Last edited: