Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Ordered today but didn't get premium package. Is it worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm not sure if this just changed or anything, but right now it looks like you can add PUP without having to get leather seats on the design studio. I think if I were to buy a new car, that is what I would do.

That is correct. This was how it was presented when we were placing our order. The build website indicates leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard [the half of the dashboard closest to the windshield] when paired with leather seating.

PUP: $3,500 [no leather accents]
Leather seats, arm rest, steering wheel and dash: $3,300 [when paired with PUP. No PUP = leather seats only]
PUP with leather everything: $6,800 (10% of the soon-to-be-discontinued base Model S 60).

I think I got this right. It's a bit confusing, but at least you can mix and match PUP with and without the leather features.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
That is correct. This was how it was presented when we were placing our order. The build website indicates leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard [the half of the dashboard closest to the windshield] when paired with leather seating.

PUP: $3,500 [no leather accents]
Leather seats, arm rest, steering wheel and dash: $3,300 [when paired with PUP. No PUP = leather seats only]
PUP with leather everything: $6,800 (10% of the soon-to-be-discontinued base Model S 60).

I think I got this right. It's a bit confusing, but at least you can mix and match PUP with and without the leather features.
Hi sawyer - I am struggling to decide on the leather and PUP ... can you please post pictures of your interior? Would love to get a look at the steering wheel and seats... I checked multiple times but could not locate a model s without PUP and leather ... thanks a ton!

Was the steering wheel different?

The steering wheel has the same design and dimensions no matter which combination of options you select. Only difference is that one is leather and one is not. The leather steering wheel feels like leather, naturally, while the non-leather wheel almost feels like leather. I'd still prefer the leather wheel since it's just a bit softer, but just barely. $6,800 for a leather steering wheel and powered liftgate? (The two features of the PUP/leather combo I find most appealing) Not this time; not for me.

Reactions: Tslanwbie
Hi sawyer - I am struggling to decide on the leather and PUP ... can you please post pictures of your interior? Would love to get a look at the steering wheel and seats... I checked multiple times but could not locate a model s without PUP and leather ... thanks a ton!

I'd be happy to post photos of my interior.

It may be another day or so before the 2nd round of minor fit and finish issues are corrected (picked up Friday after first attempt, some issues fixed, some made worse. I dropped it off at the service center again yesterday morning).

I really do like my base interior of the Tesla. My last vehicle had a leather interior (low quality leather of Honda Accord). I took the leap with textile seating and I am pleased.

If money were no object, I would spring for PUP and full leather, not to mention a P90D or better. Trying out ludicrous mode today for the first time in the P85D loaner... oh my! Like going over the crest of a roller coaster. Can't imagine anyone would get tired of that. My wife was equally impressed and excited to experience the insane acceleration.

Our new S 100D has the ultra white seats - and the same upgrades that come with the leather seats. The arm rests and lower dashboard are covered by the ultra white "pleather". The steering wheel has dark leather.

The PUP description should be changed to "Leather arm rests, steering wheel and lower dashboard, except with the multi-pattern black seats".

Don't regret ordering PUP for our S 100D...

It's a bit disappointing that I don't have any lights in the trunk, just one light bulb under the lift gate, which doesn't help. I had to use my cell phone flash light to find things in my trunk at night. I just brought some extra bulbs for my trunk online, and I'll install them when I get them in the mail next week. It's actually a pretty easy install, all the plugs are in the car.

I'm also disappointed that I don't have LED cornering lights. I don't care much about the fog lights, but I like the look of the LED cornering lights. The Design Studio didn't make it very clear that LED cornering lights were only available with PUP.