Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help talk me away from the ledge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is and I didn't :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Did the 60 with Tech, Air Suspension, Panameric Roof, Rear Jump Seats in Grey with Black.
Hoping the leap into the unknown is as awesome as everyone here thinks it is. Hoping we're all patting each other on the back in 3-5 years...
Time will tell, but you have to live in the moment!

Congrats! I have a 60 in grey (with grey interior), and it is by far the greatest car I've ever owned. I absolutely LOVE this car, and I've never said that about any car -- ever.

I feel like I could started this thread! I am currently driving a base Porsche Panamera 2011. I have two kids, and this was my compromise to have a great driving experience daily, but still have the ability to drive my kids when the wife is out with the SUV. I can't justify having a third "toy" car. S I had my test drive yesterday. I love many things about the model s, but have my few reservations. I like the styling, the acceleration, the touchscreen tech, the minimalist interior, the plug in good for environment no gasoline use, cool/unique factor, panoramic roof. I don't like the handling and interior finish quality and seat comfort and lack of ventilated seats compared to my Panamera. So my dilemma is I have to part with a car I love at this moment. I wish I could've bought the tesla back before the Panamera, and there would've been no question.

Right before I sold my 911 a few months ago, I had a 2013 Panamera S Hybrid as a loaner car. I'd take my P85 over that car, without question, even at the same price. I'm more confident in the handling of the Model S than I was with that Panamera. It felt heavy and bloated in comparison. I 100% agree with concern over the lack of some interior creature comforts once you get used to having them, but there had to be some compromise. I'll look forward to cooled seats, parking sensors, blind spot detection, etc. on the Model S' replacement in a few years. I don't miss my 911, either...and it was a 997.2 'S' with a manual transmission.

Right before I sold my 911 a few months ago, I had a 2013 Panamera S Hybrid as a loaner car. I'd take my P85 over that car, without question, even at the same price. I'm more confident in the handling of the Model S than I was with that Panamera. It felt heavy and bloated in comparison. I 100% agree with concern over the lack of some interior creature comforts once you get used to having them, but there had to be some compromise. I'll look forward to cooled seats, parking sensors, blind spot detection, etc. on the Model S' replacement in a few years. I don't miss my 911, either...and it was a 997.2 'S' with a manual transmission.
I really only will miss the ventilated seats, the nicer interior and the way it corners in comparison. Realize though that I am not looking at the performance as its more than I want to spend. My wife will only be on board with the move if I lower my actual monthly payment gas and tax credit aside. I will do that by 100 with. My 85 configuration and 6 year term.

Im heading to the tesla shop tomorrow, I'll either pull the trigger or not tomorrow!

Hi,
So... Is the S really something that would be worth getting rid of 2 arguably fine vehicles for? I know that it would be a 1-way trip for me. What with private school and all, the chances of getting another 911 are slim and nil.

I had been reading the mechanical / technical issues thread, and it does give me some worry...

TIA

I've got you beat. To swing my Model S purchase, I had to sell 3 Cars!
2003 Lexus SC430 w/ 27,000 miles (showroom condition - ouch!)
2006 Lexus IS250
2007 Toyota RAV4

But they all only got me half way there. Two years of saving and a fortunate outcome with TSLA stock, yada, yada, - Model S.
That was 5 months ago. No regrets whatsoever. Love the Model S, but I also love the Tesla owner community. Lots of really cool and diverse professionals.
Finally, what a joy to do business with a company like Tesla Motors. A company that strives to do the "Right thing" if at all possible. My ownership experience has been outstanding!

It's because Tesla has raised the bar for customer relations, that I actually have less patience when other companies have their way with me. Tesla customer for life!

Congratulations on pulling the trigger, OP. You won't regret it.

Just today, I was thinking to myself, "Self, this is the car you've always wanted and couldn't buy until now." I honestly can't think of another car I'd rather own right now.

Stsanford, Congratulations on your decision. I know you have already reserved your Tesla. However, this is an excellent post by someone who owns 2 Teslas - one P85 and the other a 60. He talks about the pros and cons of the various options. What Options I would Buy now that I have 2 teslas

Thanks, I was browsing the forums and just read that... seriously debating taking off the Air suspension, but having just read the warranty, I don't see where it's excluded...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't take blame. He wanted someone to push him over. I mean, there must be a reason why he didn't seek advice from a bunch of Porsche fans...

Ha ha, told my salesman at Porsche that I was no longer interested in the Panamera... Interested in a Tesla. His response was: "Oh dear Lord, good luck with that..."
Don't think I'd get much of a push to go over, then again, true car people love cars, no matter the brand. It's a great way to bond with your fellow man...

Ha ha, told my salesman at Porsche that I was no longer interested in the Panamera... Interested in a Tesla. His response was: "Oh dear Lord, good luck with that..."
Don't think I'd get much of a push to go over, then again, true car people love cars, no matter the brand. It's a great way to bond with your fellow man...

Indeed. Congrats to you, I think you'll be very pleased.

I just put my deposit down. 85 blue, tan leather, obeche matte with sound studio, panoramic roof, tech package. Should be here late June! I will miss my ventilated seats, and at speed it doesn't hug the road like my Panamera, but those trade offs are minute compared to everything it does have!

You should buy the 85plus if you want it to corner on rails. Please read those threads and maybe you will upgrade.

For instance, here:

P85+ in the real world
Just can't justify the cost to the mrs.

Funny, on my way home my fuel low light came on and I had to laugh. Then after my workout this pm, I decided to stop at the local gas station so I wouldn't have to stop early am on the way to work. All 8 pumps were filled and I had to wait and maneuver into a pump area. I really hate the gas station. Loosing fill ups is worth the road hugging difference. Not to mention the cool tech and acceleration and environmental benefit for the future.

Clint - About those ventilated seats.... With the Model S, you get a smartphone app that lets you turn on A/C remotely and pre-cool the entire car before you even open the door. So you get a nice cold steering wheel and cold seat, every day, no matter how hot outside!