Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Windshield cracked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my Model X ClearPlex installation. Prior to this, I had a small star rock impact, that started to grow, then took it to a place who drilled & filled with epoxy. Now I can quit watching for what the SF bay area roads throw up at my windshield.
Hmmm, haven't heard of that stuff. The questions that come to mind is how much it cost and how much protection would I really get. I'm sure that at some point, the windshield will crack anyway with a big enough rock at high enough speed. But guessing it helps in most cases ?

Hmmm, haven't heard of that stuff. The questions that come to mind is how much it cost and how much protection would I really get. I'm sure that at some point, the windshield will crack anyway with a big enough rock at high enough speed. But guessing it helps in most cases ?
Check-out this video on the strength. I understand it's huge outside the US now. I was an early install as a Model X windshield kit. Will get the other windows done next.

That's pretty good/ Better than I thought. However, he clearly is not Tanya Harding's boyfriend :D
I think I would like that for a windshield protection.
Ha! Nancy Kerrigan could have used a layer of this on the knee. MX kit is $350 I think, and you'd find installer near you. More rocks and hammer hits below.
Targe Industries - Glass Protection
Swedish junkyard with 1 Kg rock
ClearPlex vs Hammer
ClearPlex film webmercial showing calibrated tests

MX kit is $350 I think, and you'd find installer near you. More rocks and hammer hits below.
Targe Industries - Glass Protection

Thanks for that info. Hmmmm, so out of interest, I called the 4 highest rated installers of film in our area (Sparks / Reno), including the one that did film in the inside of our MX. Surprisingly, all of them said almost the same thing..... they no longer do films like this as they claim not to last long and too expensive to replace often. Saying past customers claim films seem great for a few months, but then not as clear or other reasons why it doesn't last more than a year or two. So they were discouraging me to install any of these films on the windshield. Maybe that is why the warranty is only a year.