Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with noise top of door panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Want to get some pointers on how to fix a minor door rattle/noise that is temperature dependent. This doesn't happen when cold and only during warmer weather. I did a search and couldn't find the right thing.

I notice a noise that is eliminated when I press the top of the door panel as shown in the attached photo. Again, this only happens when warm so must be something that is expanding when warm. Short of taking the door panel off and applying felt everywhere, any pointers on what I could try?

Random photo taken to mark out area - not my actual car.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 128
Does it stop if you lower the window even slightly? If so then it's like what I had. Bad news is I had to take the door panel off.

Does it stop if you lower the window even slightly? If so then it's like what I had. Bad news is I had to take the door panel off.

I tried and it seems so yes. I’ll need to check again but thanks so much for this.

I finally took the panel off. This is the driver door at the top close to the opening edge. I just felt taped this pipe loom and then placed felt tape against the area that hooks over the top of the door, as well as in between sections of plastic. For me, this seems to have worked. In looking at the door panel and all the little bits and pieces, it seems that rattle noises could come from at least a dozen+ locations. I just watched various youtube vids on how to remove the panel. In popping off the tweeter housing, I also ended up snapping a piece that held the tweeter in place but luckly was able to just super glue it back to hold in place.

1690904204027.png

1690904220906.png

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet