Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with understanding the battery. S90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When battery SoC is less than 10% it may not supercharge quickly. Ideal zone is between 15% and 50% for fastest rate. Ignore averaging mph figure. Focus on kw energy. 90 batteries should hit at least 105kw without other cars around or paired.

Was there any resolution to this? I am in the exact same position. I charge as you do. My AP2.0 P90D will estimate range for 100% SOC at 255mi, However, after monitoring over the last 3000 miles, my actual mileage calculates to 199 miles. I took my car in and they said my battery is fine. Now 3 months after that appointment I am finally taking my car back in tonight.

Was there any resolution to this? I am in the exact same position. I charge as you do. My AP2.0 P90D will estimate range for 100% SOC at 255mi, However, after monitoring over the last 3000 miles, my actual mileage calculates to 199 miles. I took my car in and they said my battery is fine. Now 3 months after that appointment I am finally taking my car back in tonight.

What is your Wh/mile?

Tire condition?

Number of miles?

Last alignment?

Dragging brakes or a bad wheel bearing are among the many mechanical things that can kill your mileage- gas or electric. If the BMS says you have a certain range , and you constantly fall short, looking for a mechanical is logical.

Reactions: brkaus
Dragging brakes or a bad wheel bearing are among the many mechanical things that can kill your mileage- gas or electric. If the BMS says you have a certain range , and you constantly fall short, looking for a mechanical is logical.
What is your Wh/mile?

Tire condition?

Number of miles?

Last alignment?

Wh=348
I am at 35000 mi now
Replace tires with alignment 10K mi ago, no change in range. Was not out of alignment when checked.

Could be mechanical. Tesla did not note anything on my last visit. I am off to SvC now.

I'm inclined to think that this is an issue with the battery or software. If it were mechanical, @RYCO should still be seeing around 70 kWh used between charges.

I'm also getting around 50kWh charging to 90-92% and running down to 15-20%.

Here's my recent Supercharging history:
upload_2018-11-20_22-30-35.png

Seems like @RYCO and I are on par with other 90 packs for Supercharging.

Having said all of that, I don't know my range and drive exclusively with % and not mi/km. I feel like I'm getting all of the range that I should be getting, although I have nothing to back that up.

I just can't wrap my head around the kWh usage. While it seems clear that the 90s are really closer to 80kWh, this seems beyond reasonable.