Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Here is what really annoys me about extra cost paint "options".

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a pearl white on my Model S and I like it a lot (it was not my primary choice at all).

It is also a common practice for automakers to charge extra for what they consider non-standard paint or wheels (or both). Tesla is not unique in this aspect.

I personally think that the less options, the better. Tesla NEEDS to simplify the production as much as humanly possible. Ideally, it'd be one configuration for the first year - we all know that you all will buy it and love it. When people stop buying cars because of automation, no one will care about the color of the car, inside or outside.

Your car is an appliance. I find car enthusiasts ridiculous in this way - chasing performance numbers, horsepower, lap times, etc. Personalizing their cars with custom wraps, logos, stickers. I don't see anyone doing that to their oven or microwave. I for one can't wait for the death of human interaction, flawed and imperfect - it introduces massive inefficiencies and even more massive dangers.

I agree with the first part. But on the second part, haha I just wanted to add that some people do customize their oven or microwave. I have magnets all over my refrigerator. I didn't think of wrapping it or the microwave... That's not a bad idea... Haha.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
I have a pearl white on my Model S and I like it a lot (it was not my primary choice at all).

It is also a common practice for automakers to charge extra for what they consider non-standard paint or wheels (or both). Tesla is not unique in this aspect.
What’s funny is when the manufacturer changes the “standard” paint. Used to be black, and now it’s both white and MSM.

Reactions: metroplex
What’s funny is when the manufacturer changes the “standard” paint. Used to be black, and now it’s both white and MSM.
Of course, those are all grayscale colors. Across various car brands, grayscale colors are more likely to be the no-extra-charge colors, while other colors are more likely to be the extra-charge colors. Perhaps it is no surprise that so many cars you see on the road are in some grayscale color.

Reactions: Hiline
I agree with the first part. But on the second part, haha I just wanted to add that some people do customize their oven or microwave. I have magnets all over my refrigerator. I didn't think of wrapping it or the microwave... That's not a bad idea... Haha.

There are some posts that make sense to necro resurrect from almost 4 years ago, but a complaint about tesla paint colors that had a last post before yours of Feb 2018 doesnt fit in that category to me.