TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hey Tesla, how about a "Classic S" Easter egg?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tomas, Oct 16, 2015.

1. tomas

tomas Traded in 9 rep bars for M3, used to be somebody!

#1 tomas, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    I'll send this to Tesla Motors too... but I know they sometimes track this forum and may catch this: I still love my 2012 non-sig Classic P85. Sure, I got what I signed up and paid for. And, I get new stuff with each firmware release, which is great.

As a city driver, very happy to get torque sleep efficiency improvement with 7.0 - one of only 2 non-cosmetic thing I'm getting, BTW. But, a bit jealous of all the other stuff for the newer cars, plus still feel under-compensated for my A battery.

So, please, for 7.1 or 7.2, can you include an easter egg for Classic RWD early adopters? Not just a joke Easter Egg, but a special function that benefits us. Something that works for us and nobody else? Just one thing... you pick. Please? I'm sure my colleagues here will follow on with some specific asks!

Follow on posters: I know this is futile, but my hopes for this thread are positive asks, not a bunch of griping!!!!

2. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

IMO, we already have that. It's speed and power on the center cluster and I couldn't be more pleased! :)

3. tomas

Amen to that! thanks for pointing out... can't I still ask for 1 more?

4. Mike_Schlechter

Mike_Schlechter Model S - P457

+1

I still love my car and hold no resentment for later adopters who are getting the amazing new features (maybe a little jealous, that's all).

That said, I think a little early adopter love would be a nice thing. Why make it an Easter Egg? Why not a true feature? I'm not sure what it would be, but would happily spend hours trying to trigger it.

5. bollar

bollar Disgruntled Member

Or course. :)

Perhaps something that goes with our cavernous frunks.

6. tomas

how about this? DSC03666.gif

7. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Is that the new "Tire Change" feature......can't seem to find that in the latest update!!!!! WOW...it even opens the Frunk too!!:biggrin:

8. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

That would be the button that goes from "Jack Mode" to "Insane Jack Mode"

It requires air suspension, though. (fingers crossed!)

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It's funny, I got 2 emails from Tesla going on about the AP release and nudging me to value my car for trade-in. 2012 Sig, no parking sensors, no AP, no AWD.... and I'm OK. I used to switch cars every few years but I have no desire to trade in my S (even a straight trade for a newer one). The power is enough for me, I'm used to all of the idiosyncrasies of it, and it just feels "mine".

I would've liked to see the performance improvement, but the torque sleep for stop and go is a bonus. Really, I don't care about anything specific to my classic S, I'd just like to see continued refinement to the UI and functionality (better media player, apps, phone integration etc).

10. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Yeah, whatever happened to the performance boost that was included in the 7.0 beta release notes?

11. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

It's apparently not for the older cars (same way we don't get the TPMS and new hill hold) with older hardware.

12. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Ah ok. So what's the VIN cutoff for the performance boost? Is it DU dependent or some other hardware limitation? I have a Rev. K DU from February of this year. Wonder if it's compatible?

13. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I think the original easter egg on the info version screen disappeared. :frown:

14. Geoff

Geoff Member

@NigelM - I updated to 7.0 this morning and am happy to report that the original easter egg is still there.

15. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Don't think so. I got a new drivetrain in Jan, and I believe AmpedRealtor got one in February, and neither of us got the performance note. My VIN is 25k. Seems like it's something other than the drivetrain that's the issue.

16. kort677

kort677 Active Member

help me out here, exactly what would an easter get you other than the initial chuckle it might induce?

17. tomas

I clarified in OP. While many easter eggs in software are just amusement, they also can be hidden or special functions that actually do something. That's what I was referring to. Some real functionality that benefits 'classic' owners.

18. StaceyS

StaceyS Member

Maybe we can ask for "Classic Party Mood" for the interior lighting. Activate it and all of the interior lighting pulses and flashes with whatever music you have playing. Would be super annoying while driving, but could be fun and entertaining while Supercharging...

Oh, and maybe the ability to watch video on the 17" screen while plugged in. That would be good.

19. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

About the Easter egg's, are there a newer one that someone found, or just the old 007 one?

20. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

The new "Classic" TPMS function isn't good enough?

Oh..what's that? I mean the "Get off your fat ass and check the tire pressures yourself" easter egg.