Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HID Headlights Randomly Turning Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates from anyone who replaced their bulbs? Anyone with reoccurring headlamps shutting off? My left headlamp started shutting off about 18 months ago and can go months without an issue, but last night it seemed to malfunction every 8 minutes or so.

Replaced a friend's headlamps in her Model S a year and a half ago. New lamps are still going strong. I used new old stock Osram lamps that are of high quality... your mileage may vary if you buy cheap lamps from off-brand vendors. It is typically not necessary to change the ballasts, so try the lamps first.

Replaced a friend's headlamps in her Model S a year and a half ago. New lamps are still going strong. I used new old stock Osram lamps that are of high quality... your mileage may vary if you buy cheap lamps from off-brand vendors. It is typically not necessary to change the ballasts, so try the lamps first.
I bought a pair of Osram D3S bulbs from Amazon and plan to replace the bulbs before I take off on a roadtrip. I've driven the car 5 times since the last malfunction and everything seems to be back to normal. Not sure what the problem is but I'll start with the bulb, then check the grounding nut, but I suspect my issue could be software.