Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hidden paint issue - fix or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I received my Model 3 after ridiculously close inspection I found an issue on the driver side door. It looked/felt like silicone around the size of a dime on the surface. Back to the detail shop and they made it disappear. BUT they said there was still a fleck under the clear coat. At the time I could see it, about a hair thick and less than 1/16” long. I could though barely see it and the only reason anyone would have noticed it is the goo removed in the area caused us to have our faces 2” from the area.

Tesla followed up right away and I am supposed to drop my car off tomorrow, grab a loaner so fleck can be sorted out.

Problem is can not find the blemish. And believe me I have looked very hard with bright lights.

So is there any reason to not just cancel the appointment and move on with my life?

I guess I can get a free detail out of the deal, but I more worried about more bad then good coming out of this.

Are you serious?

You are asking forum members to respond to the question if you should cancel an appointment for something you cannot see?

Yes. I blame the forum for making me slightly crazy. I had never heard of PPF or Ceramic coatings, wrapping consoles to inspecting a new car paint job with a bright light and thickness meters before this. :(

Joking aside, my only concern was if there may be a long term issue I need to be aware of as it was Tesla that suggested I get the work done (not me).