Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Amperage Charger option now included in 100D/P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just playing around with the design page and noticed that if you select the 100D/P100D, the high amperage charger option is now included in the base price.

For those of us that ordered before this change (me included) but vehicles have yet to go into production, is it safe to assume that our cars will come with the 72A charger?

yEooX

And... with smaller batteries, the option is NOT there? Maybe my browser is acting up... I see it included for the 100, and no option for the smaller batteries. More assembly simpliflcation?
Yes, that is what the revised configuration pages show: the 72A charger is included with the 100 battery and cannot be removed. It is not available for the 75 and 90 batteries, they come with the standard 40A charger.

I also contacted my DS and he believe that I should get the high-amperage charging but he would like to confirm so he can provide 100% accurate information. I should hear back before end of day and will report back when I do.

Reactions: DaddyP713
I also contacted my DS and he believe that I should get the high-amperage charging but he would like to confirm so he can provide 100% accurate information. I should hear back before end of day and will report back when I do.

Should you also get the $1K price increase if you don't take your delivery before next week?
Tesla confirms ‘slight price increases’ for 100D/P100D models next week after decreases for lower-end models today

Not saying I don't agree with you but being that Tesla is constantly making changes where does it end? I have a 100D on order that I paid for the charger...should I get that credited it back to me? I'm not even asking because arguably, by that logic, I should also eat next week's price increase.

Should you also get the $1K price increase if you don't take your delivery before next week?
Tesla confirms ‘slight price increases’ for 100D/P100D models next week after decreases for lower-end models today

Not saying I don't agree with you but being that Tesla is constantly making changes where does it end? I have a 100D on order that I paid for the charger...should I get that credited it back to me? I'm not even asking because arguably, by that logic, I should also eat next week's price increase.
Then take both and come out $500 in the plus? Your solidarity to tesla is admirable.

DS got back to me this afternoon and said my X will have the higher amperage charger with no extra charge then a few hours later sent me another email:

"I sincerely apologize, I misread my direction from headquarters and provided incorrect information. Your Model X will not be included in the price increases OR be equipped with the high amperage charging option as standard equipment. I am sorry for the confusion and misdirection--your vehicle is as configured and priced when you made your initial order."

Anybody else get a similar message from their DS?

Can someone confirm that the high amperage is really a software upgrade on all the Model X's? Never heard this before.
No. This was the often rumor because it was on the website as one of the $xxx now, $more later options. But it is two units for 48 or 72 Amps. (Meaning one part number for 48, another replaces it for 72, not like the old 40+40 double chargers.)

I checked last week with my SC and I can upgrade for $1800. What does that mean then?
It means you can upgrade it. :) They essentially swap out the charger. It would be nice if this was another software locked upgrade but it's not and those are too capital-intensive for Tesla. I bet we see fewer of them as we go forward.

• Informative
Reactions: voltaren
For what it's worth: I ordered my Model X 100D about two weeks ago with the upgraded charger option for $1,500. Car is to go into production in late May. I contacted the financing contact today asking to reduce my configured price by $1,500 to account for the new pricing and he had it done within 20 minutes. I was very pleased.

• Funny
Reactions: LLElectric