Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High Beams -- always turning on after 2020.44.10.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never understood how the auto high-beams feature worked. But suddenly, on my usual drive home, my high beams kept coming on and turning off when there were cars.

The only thing I can think of is a couple of recent software updates.

Does the car default to trying to high beam whenever it can? Or did I somehow turn this feature on? I checked, my high beams are not selected to be "on".

Anyone else?

My money is on that. Any chance you accidentally pushed the stalk forward?

The stalk always returns to the center position.

2020.44.10 moved the auto high beam control next to the main headlight controls in the quick controls page of the car menu (it used to be a toggle on the light controls page). Blue is auto high beam enabled. White is auto high beam disabled.

• Informative
Reactions: Puma2020
I love the auto high beam feature. It pays attention to car approaching you and changes to low almost as quick as I would. However, it doesn't turn to low beam if you are following a car. Not sure if that is distance related or not. Will have to test that out. I know that I've had to select low beams when following a car at times. Once that car is gone, it doesn't go to auto high beams again until I manually put it in high beams first.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung