Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High mileage check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 109k miles

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219-002420.png
    Screenshot_20211219-002420.png
    334.6 KB · Views: 211
  • Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
2018 RWD LR.
105K miles in nearly 3.5 years. Full charges to around 297 - 305 mile estimates, pretty much same as when purchased if you skip the software boost that supposedly came out in 2019.
Maintenance:
- Just put on 4th set of tires last week. RWD definitely tends to go through rear tires.
- Just replaced the 12v battery 1 month ago, at Tesla's request. We never experienced any issues with the 12v battery though.
109k miles here 282 on charge. It's been beat by supercharger and towing. You still get 297? That's good. Did you not get the 325 update?

2018 AWD delivered Oct 2018 with just over 114k miles (much of it work travel around the SEUS). Showed 306 miles on a full charge when new, last reading was 282 so about 8% degredation. To date I have spent $4628 on M&R. Over half of that is tires (replaced at 40k then again at 80k). Replaced the 12V at 81k ($220), replaced front door check straps ($188) and rear drivers side speaker ($145) at 99k, and replaced upper control arms ($747) at 108k. The rest would be alignments, rotations (when feeling lazy), tools I bought to perform my own rotations (when not so lazy), wiper blades & fluid, and air filters. Oh and I did have the “stinky ac” flush service performed ($150) at 45k.

All things considered, I’m quite happy with the car and the operating costs. My original goal was to drive this to 200k miles before replacing it and I don’t see any reason I can’t do that. I’ll probably replace it with a Y, although I do have a Cybertruck reservation just to hedge my bets.
Battery is 100.00 at parts store. The a arms didn't have to be replaced. I pulled my boot down on balljoint and added lithium grease around 60k miles ago cost me a couple dollars. Never replaced the check strap but geez it's annoying to hear then pop. I took them off and shaved them down and it worked for a while. The plastic wears grooves. So I guess I'll break down and replace them. They should have been aluminum

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I spoke too soon. We started hearing a rattle in the front. Brought car in to Tesla (107K miles) and both right and left control arms need to be replaced. Still, has little to do with being an EV and for the first real service at 100K miles, I'm not complaining.
Don't replace the whole a arm. Grease the joint. I did mine 60k miles ago. Takes 5 minutes

I had been meaning to inspect Tesla’s work on this but had not gotten around to it. You are correct! What a messy looking job. Probably does not matter but I’d never leave things looking like this if I were doing the work myself. Makes me feel more committed to doing all possible service work myself in future. They probably did not even clean the top of the control arm thoroughly before slapping sealant on it so it’s probably not a great seal.

View attachment 738500View attachment 738501
View attachment 738502
Yeah I fixed mine 60k miles ago. I pulled that metal clip and put white lithium grease in the joint and put the rubber back. No issues since

• Informative
Reactions: sa012
2018 AWD delivered Oct 2018 with just over 114k miles (much of it work travel around the SEUS). Showed 306 miles on a full charge when new, last reading was 282 so about 8% degredation. To date I have spent $4628 on M&R. Over half of that is tires (replaced at 40k then again at 80k). Replaced the 12V at 81k ($220), replaced front door check straps ($188) and rear drivers side speaker ($145) at 99k, and replaced upper control arms ($747) at 108k. The rest would be alignments, rotations (when feeling lazy), tools I bought to perform my own rotations (when not so lazy), wiper blades & fluid, and air filters. Oh and I did have the “stinky ac” flush service performed ($150) at 45k.

All things considered, I’m quite happy with the car and the operating costs. My original goal was to drive this to 200k miles before replacing it and I don’t see any reason I can’t do that. I’ll probably replace it with a Y, although I do have a Cybertruck reservation just to hedge my bets.
Where do you get service? Mobile, Savannah, or found a local shop?

2019 M3 R AWD based in EURO.
40 k miles/ 63k km
284 miles / 458 km @ 100%

I did recalibration of the battery last month, getting it down to <5% and letting it sleep (also letting it sleep at alot of different %) and then when I did a charge from that 5% all the way up to 100% the range went from 272 miles to 284 miles
Seems to be ok, but seeing the higher milage with more miles on 100% worries me a little. But mabey the degradation doesent go as fast anymore after a certain time.

Might be getting my rear lights replaced because of fogging up.... the fogged up considerable when it was freezing outside.. now the are clear again.. hopefully the fog up again when I'm at the SC.

Reactions: Big Earl
A lot of us are probably still lower than normal due to COVID, but let's give it a shot. Chime in if you feel like you've achieved a noteworthy mileage on your TM3... How is battery holding up? Issues? Google results are polluted with the same old BS. I'm at ~11,500 and zero "real" problems so far... hoping to make it to 300K (lol?).
Just over 80,000 miles since new in August of 2019. Control arm replaced under warranty. Minor software glitch fixed OTA. Other than tires that don't last I love my car.

Has anyone thought about their front ball joints and lubing and re-sealing them?

Also recently had a service appointment a CLICK when I stopped or started the car, turns out to be the motor splines needing to be lubed, I was at ~105K miles, but they took care of it anyway.

Now with the new software update with the blind spot cameras coming up when the turn signals are on I notice that my cameras are blinded by the repeater lights on the sides of the car, so I have made another appointment for that:

You can see a video I made of it even though this thread is in the Model Y section of the forum.

Has anyone thought about their front ball joints and lubing and re-sealing them?

We’ve lubed our ball joints. Works great.

Also recently had a service appointment a CLICK when I stopped or started the car, turns out to be the motor splines needing to be lubed, I was at ~105K miles, but they took care of it anyway.

Service tightened up the axle nuts on ours and that stopped the clicking.

Now with the new software update with the blind spot cameras coming up when the turn signals are on I notice that my cameras are blinded by the repeater lights on the sides of the car, so I have made another appointment for that:

You can see a video I made of it even though this thread is in the Model Y section of the forum.

Have you cleaned the cameras? Some glare from the turn signals is normal but extreme glare is usually caused by dirty lenses.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Yes I did, this is POST cleaning, did a whole car wash yesterday before last nights Supercharger hunt:

View attachment 750848

Same on both sides.

Did you lube you OWN ball joints? Is this in the service manual? Is there a number of miles or months?

Camera still appears to have a good view of the road. It’s the sky that’s washed out, which doesn’t really matter. Operating as designed. (Channeling my inner Tesla rep) ;)

Yeah we did our own. Use a grease syringe to inject good grease into the joint’s boot, then seal up the pin hole with some rubber cement. Great success!