Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People just get bored of taking photos of VINs that they see out in the wild I hope! If I was in US I’d be looking at the VIN of every Model 3 that I saw.
I saw a silver 3 yesterday at the local hot springs pool charge station -- first I've seen in my area. However, the VIN was "only" 17,8xx so not worth a picture. Still looking... :)

So last actual picture of highest VIN is like 29,000??? Like 2-3 weeks ago? What is going on?
If anywhere near the 5k per week level they should be well into the 40,000’s by now I would think.
People just get bored of taking photos of VINs that they see out in the wild I hope! If I was in US I’d be looking at the VIN of every Model 3 that I saw.
Patience....wait until after July 1. We will see plenty of good high ones then.

Reactions: mongo
Only if they make a RWD or SR P variant...
Otherwise, those are implicit.
:)
Yes, seems likely that "3P" will suffice. Tesla isn't going to badge the Model 3 but I suppose our shorthand here could be something like:

3P
3LR
3LRD
3SR
3SRD (if they make that one)

The problem with LR and SR is that those ranges may change over time. I'd be surprised if the LR battery size is the same in 2022 as it is in 2018. Although 300+ miles is the "sweet spot" for range Tesla may be facing competition eventually.

Reactions: mongo
Yes, seems likely that "3P" will suffice. Tesla isn't going to badge the Model 3 but I suppose our shorthand here could be something like:

3P
3LR
3LRD
3SR
3SRD (if they make that one)

The problem with LR and SR is that those ranges may change over time. I'd be surprised if the LR battery size is the same in 2022 as it is in 2018. Although 300+ miles is the "sweet spot" for range Tesla may be facing competition eventually.

And if they skip SR D
We only need
3P
3S (could be 3, but that is ambiguous)
3L
3D
Yeah, range being variable
3L+
3SL (S that is as good as original L)
3LS (old L that is now equivalent to a modern S)
3PULSE (performance, underwater, long range, super extended)
:)

Can I have a station wagon version please, doesn't even matter what you call it. Sedans are for old people in Europe, station wagon version would sell like hot cakes.

It’s interesting that in the US, it is exactly the opposite.

Younger people in the US tend to drive sedans and coupes, because the styling is generally considered to be nicer (low, sleek, aerodynamic) and because they don’t have children and don’t need the extra space.

Once they get older and start families, these people then move up to a CUV/Crossover like a Honda CR-V or a wagon like Subaru Outback. Older people in the USA also prefer CUVs because the higher seating position allows for easier entry and exit. Low sitting sedans are tough on people with bad backs and/or knees, because one has to bend more to get inside.

Reactions: hoang51
Can I have a station wagon version please, doesn't even matter what you call it. Sedans are for old people in Europe, station wagon version would sell like hot cakes.

Yes! I just drove a bmw wagon all over Portugal. It is what the cool families are driving.

although when I climbed into my oversized leather seat today.... yea so cozy. good to be looking down on people again. :)