Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest Software on a Canadian Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still on 39.7 too. I wish they would release a manual update button in the menus so you can force find new updates once they are released. Maybe Elon is reading this!?;)
I think the reason they don't do that is it would put a huge strain on the network since everyone would try and update it right away. Spreading out the updates and staging them makes sense...or maybe I'm giving them too much credit that they are this organized, and just like with the delivery lottery: there is a random number generator powered by a hamster wheel driving the update engine :)

• Funny
Reactions: Techniques
42.2 pushing out like crazy last 6 hours. Not so much for the 3 yet though.

A9BA4514-8D77-4BD3-81F2-CFD4A7B191B3.png

I got 42.2 yesterday, but the only change (according to the release notes) is support for key fob. No mention of increased regen (and it feels the same to me as before). Don't Canadian cars get updated (increased) regen?

Apparently, only RWD models are getting the increased regen, to bring them up to the regen level of the AWD models. The reasoning appears to be that the regen coming out of the two AWD motors is already nearly twice as much as that for the single motor equipped RWD. So, they've bumped up the regen output in that RWD motor.

• Helpful
Reactions: marcn