Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest VIN delivered

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SBenson

May 22, 2014
Benson
As per ModelXTracker, the highest vin delivered is 05083. This was delivered on Mar 24th.

I'm interpreting this as - Tesla is still fixing the cars that it produced in Q1 and slowly delivering them one by one. But hasn't quite produced anything since.

Is that right way to read it? Definitely sounds wrong. What else can explain more than 6 week gap in vin progress?

30seconds, In that case we should see VIN assignments for non-US regions right? There is no trace of it on XTracker. Infant vin assignment made some progress for US over last few weeks.

So my theory that they are still rising/delivering the cars done in Q1 and they barely produced any cars in Q2 still seems to hold.

Love to be wrong though. Very open to hear any other ideas.

30seconds, In that case we should see VIN assignments for non-US regions right? There is no trace of it on XTracker. Infant vin assignment made some progress for US over last few weeks.

So my theory that they are still rising/delivering the cars done in Q1 and they barely produced any cars in Q2 still seems to hold.

Love to be wrong though. Very open to hear any other ideas.
You should check the threads about EU and Canada. VIN's are being assigned. The Model X tracker is woefully under used since it's voluntary.

Had a friend at the factory just two weeks ago... MX was coming off the line along with MS... looked like ~ 1 MX for 3 or 4 MS... both right and left drives on the line though couldn't say whether Right drives MS were among them.. So I know MX is coming off the line as of late April.

And most notably, data in modelxtracker is 5% of less of actual people in the world for submissions. So, garbage in=garbage out. The data is not totally reliable but a snippet of information. If no one updates their data from VIN assignment to production complete to delivery, you are likely making false assumptions about non-delivery. Take all the people reporting on their recent deliveries and ask them for their VIN and delivery dates, and notice that hardly any of them are reporting their data on modelxtracker. The more that people get their MXs the more they forget to post their data on modelxtracker, which for most of us that have not yet received our MX (like vperl and me for 5 seaters), the less likely we can extrapolate info on modelxtracker for our own estimates. For instance there is a car in Chicago who reported he has a VIN for a 5 seater since mid-April, yet Darryl and Paul from modelxtracker have gotten no response to their email to him/her trying to confirm validity of the data, since no one has heard boo about when 5 seater VINs will start to emanate from Fremont. So, Mr./Mrs. Chicago data is likely BS....