Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland - EDD and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True. As many other Norwegians. Would probably affect resale ability as most would prefer over without when buying used later. I too would rather have the ability to pull a regular trailer than having to rent a small van for stuff.

Weird that a tow hitch would have that big of an impact on delivery times.
I assume either their estimates based on with or without didnt match the orders beeing placed, and they assumed more people would order without, or its just taking more time to produce the ones with tow-hitch. I would assume the frame has some differences if you have towhitch or not since its not possible to retrofit (unless you only want it for bicycle etc). Lets just hope that we ordered early enough, I would be very surpised based on our time of order that we shouldnt get it this year. Then Tesla will not meet their Q4 goals. Fingers crossed we will both be in our new Highland by new years atleast, and hopefully alot sooner ofcourse.

Reactions: lyskamm and marud
Order placed : September 18th
Model : M3 SR Pearl White, black interior, 18" Photon
EDD : October 17th - October 31st
VIN : Assigned October 4th
Delivery (appointment): October 23th 10:30
got the same EDD, but im based in luxembourg, and they said delivery will happen in the beginning of november, i wish i could have it in october haha

Ended up removing the trailer hitch as it's not a hard requirement for me, immediately got Nov 4th - Nov 19th assigned as EDD.
Nice. Thats not that long atleast! (Not jealous at all :p )
Wish I could live without it, but I guess I just have to be patient. As the Delivery date shifted from 22 Nov - 05 Feb, to 21 Nov - 31 Dec this week, I hope that means Tesla is confident it will arrive this year atleast. Otherwise, I would assume they would have kept the old delivery date for now. Wouldnt make sense for them to change it to a shorter delivery window and then back up, but I guess you never know, and also unforeseen thing can ofcourse happen...

Reactions: x006
Nice. Thats not that long atleast! (Not jealous at all :p )
Wish I could live without it, but I guess I just have to be patient. As the Delivery date shifted from 22 Nov - 05 Feb, to 21 Nov - 31 Dec this week, I hope that means Tesla is confident it will arrive this year atleast. Otherwise, I would assume they would have kept the old delivery date for now. Wouldnt make sense for them to change it to a shorter delivery window and then back up, but I guess you never know, and also unforeseen thing can ofcourse happen...
Yeah, I only really bought it with the towing hitch for the tiny bit of resale value in the future - after some careful thinking I can not recall a time I've actually needed a hitch :D Luckily, if I ever need a hitch, I have friends that can help me :)

Hope you get your car sooner rather than later!

update:
VIN received 4 October
Today I paid the car and as a next step I should receive the number plate to arrange insurance for the car prior to delivery

Delivery date 27 October in Padua (Italy)
I paid the car too, and tesla recieved the payment. Now i'm waiting for the number plate, but i dont have a delivery date, only the EDD. I ordered the tesla on 26th of July. WTF

Yeah, I only really bought it with the towing hitch for the tiny bit of resale value in the future - after some careful thinking I can not recall a time I've actually needed a hitch :D Luckily, if I ever need a hitch, I have friends that can help me :)

Hope you get your car sooner rather than later!

Today mine now shifted to February -March 2024.... So seems to me they have produced 0 cars with tow hooks... Great...

Today mine now shifted to February -March 2024.... So seems to me they have produced 0 cars with tow hooks... Great...
Ouch. I'm still locked in for 4th-19th Nov, invoice saying 10th. I kind of feared this was the case after reading what people here said, I suspect they only produced enough tow hooks to go to the first deliveries in Central/Southern Europe, then kind of forgot to produce enough for Northern Europe. As far as I know it's an "entirely" different chassis too, so can't get it mounted after receiving the car :(