Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hint: rear facing seat fans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My kids get got in the back rear facing seats in the summer. I ran a 12 V lighter socket back there from the front one by tucking a cable under the carpet and seat. It looks great and doesn't get kicked.
Then bought 2 fans that rotate and have 2 speeds on one pedestal. I screwed a plastic beam to the back of it. The beam just gets compressed as you lock the seats in place.

It doesn't move at all which is nice. Each kid can control their fan position. And they can turn it on and change the speed. And if they leave it on when they get out, and only I get back in, then I just pull the extension cord out of the 12 V socket between the driver/passenger seat to remotely shut it off. Works great.
I hope this helps someone else.
This is simple and effective. And it takes 1 minute to remove when winter comes (saves wear).. And the same amount of time to replace in summer.
IMG_20190428_123649_exported_5226458233756009012.jpg
IMG_20190428_123700.jpg
MVIMG_20190428_123702.jpg

Hi. My kids get got in the back rear facing seats in the summer. I ran a 12 V lighter socket back there from the front one by tucking a cable under the carpet and seat. It looks great and doesn't get kicked.
Then bought 2 fans that rotate and have 2 speeds on one pedestal. I screwed a plastic beam to the back of it. The beam just gets compressed as you lock the seats in place.

It doesn't move at all which is nice. Each kid can control their fan position. And they can turn it on and change the speed. And if they leave it on when they get out, and only I get back in, then I just pull the extension cord out of the 12 V socket between the driver/passenger seat to remotely shut it off. Works great.
I hope this helps someone else.
This is simple and effective. And it takes 1 minute to remove when winter comes (saves wear).. And the same amount of time to replace in summer.View attachment 401587 View attachment 401586 View attachment 401588 .
Thanks you for sharing this. I'm wondering, where you have bough the plastic beam which you put on the seat. If you could share the link would be helpful. I'm not able to imagine/find how does it look like. Thanks again for the idea.