TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hint: rear facing seat fans

Discussion in 'Model S' started by LukasSwan, Apr 28, 2019.

1. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

Hi. My kids get got in the back rear facing seats in the summer. I ran a 12 V lighter socket back there from the front one by tucking a cable under the carpet and seat. It looks great and doesn't get kicked.
    Then bought 2 fans that rotate and have 2 speeds on one pedestal. I screwed a plastic beam to the back of it. The beam just gets compressed as you lock the seats in place.

It doesn't move at all which is nice. Each kid can control their fan position. And they can turn it on and change the speed. And if they leave it on when they get out, and only I get back in, then I just pull the extension cord out of the 12 V socket between the driver/passenger seat to remotely shut it off. Works great.
    I hope this helps someone else.
    This is simple and effective. And it takes 1 minute to remove when winter comes (saves wear).. And the same amount of time to replace in summer. IMG_20190428_123649_exported_5226458233756009012.jpg IMG_20190428_123700.jpg MVIMG_20190428_123702.jpg .

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. xenodata

xenodata Member

Do you have a link to the parts/fans you bought? This looks pretty cool and I have the same issue with air back there.

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Active Member

I have 2 USB clip fans that I clip on top of the 3rd row seat head rest to blow cooler air back there. Works well.

4. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

What kind of platform do you use and how do you lock and secure it to the back seat?

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Very nicely done. Clever. I hope everyone sees it.

6. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

See pic. I attached a plastic bar to the fan. When you lock the seat in the fabric grips it and holds it perfectly in place

7. LukasSwan

LukasSwan Member

AUTOLOVER Dual Heads 12V DC Electric Car Fan 360 Degree Rotation 2 Speed Strong Wind Low Noise Car Cooling Air Fan-Blow Out Hot Air, Smoke, Odors https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06XP6LR87/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wZxZCbDVVGT9S

8. xenodata

xenodata Member

Sweet, thank you