Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit Curb and now it's the start of month 4 Waiting for Repair

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look at my profile pic now.
I'm sorry I doubted you. That looks nasty! After the suspension broo-ha-ha it is not paranoia to think posts are intentionally set up to make Tesla look bad. It is totally unacceptable to wait 4 months w/o a car and no explanations. This is a great forum so I hope you stay and see what great info/advice can be had, despite your bad first impression :)

Great to hear you are on a fast track to help from the top and double nice from you to confirm it. It would be nice too if the TMC members who implied you were playing a fishy game or doubted your credibility, came forward with a public apology to you as well in this thread. It's always the same thing when someone has a complaint regarding their car : at the slightest doubt, ill intent is assumed.

Unfortunately with the whole suspension thing, I believe TMC members have a right to be critical. If you don't know, the OP on that thread posted April 28, and filed with NHTSA the same day. Meanwhile the entire thread just kept going and going with the OP ultimately being "convinced" by another poster to file with NHTSA. The most salient comment I saw on the first day of that thread was by a guy who strips salvaged Teslas. IIRC he said "There's more to this story than meets the eye..."

So nowadays when I see these posts, the first thing I do is check NHTSA website. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with reporting to NHTSA, just be forthright with other posters on this site.

End rant...

Interesting side note, some guy reported the Drive/Reverse to Park function with empty seat to NHTSA. Even though it's clearly an excellent safety feature. If the Jeep Grand Cherokee had that feature maybe Anton Yelchin wouldn't have died.

• Helpful
Reactions: faughtz and mobe
Unfortunately with the whole suspension thing, I believe TMC members have a right to be critical. If you don't know, the OP on that thread posted April 28, and filed with NHTSA the same day. Meanwhile the entire thread just kept going and going with the OP ultimately being "convinced" by another poster to file with NHTSA. The most salient comment I saw on the first day of that thread was by a guy who strips salvaged Teslas. IIRC he said "There's more to this story than meets the eye..."

So nowadays when I see these posts, the first thing I do is check NHTSA website. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with reporting to NHTSA, just be forthright with other posters on this site.

End rant...

Interesting side note, some guy reported the Drive/Reverse to Park function with empty seat to NHTSA. Even though it's clearly an excellent safety feature. If the Jeep Grand Cherokee had that feature maybe Anton Yelchin wouldn't have died.

there was a video where someone was using AP and it thought he was asleep and moved to stop the car i like the idea but it seems it could have taken it a step further and moved it out of the lane of traffic if I was asleep and it stopped in the middle of the highway and i got hit from behind ... but maybe its something that gets added later or just like your suggestion. I hope that a day comes by where they release a SDK for apps i would love to write some custom features

there was a video where someone was using AP and it thought he was asleep and moved to stop the car i like the idea but it seems it could have taken it a step further and moved it out of the lane of traffic if I was asleep and it stopped in the middle of the highway and i got hit from behind ... but maybe its something that gets added later or just like your suggestion. I hope that a day comes by where they release a SDK for apps i would love to write some custom features
The present Auto pilot does not have a sensor that can detect a car coming up from behind in the next lane. Hence it cannot safely change lanes to pull over to the side of the road.

Actually what I was describing is something different, not associated with Autopilot. The Model S (and presumably Model X) has a safety feature. If you leave the car in drive or reverse and the car senses that no one is in the drivers seat then it will go into park automatically. So no rolling around without a driver. Definitely at low speeds, I don't know about highway speeds, but I doubt it occurs at that point.

I found this out because I tend to lift myself off the seat to look backwards out the back window, watching for traffic when I back up. The car put itself into park each time. I checked with Tesla and they told me to keep my butt in the seat, and it is a safety feature (much more politely but that's the gist). My wife experienced the forward automatic park feature when trying to reach for something on the dashboard.

Now when I reverse, I use the back-up camera which does a great job especially since it is a wide angle lense and actually has great night time resolution.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler

That won't buff out ... :cool:

upload_2016-6-29_17-56-31.png

I had my car in the shop at the ROSS PARK SEARS, the work was done by a Tesla ranger, for front breaks. I had 78,000 miles on my front breaks and rotors before they had to be replaced. The rear pads are only worn about 50% . Tesla was very gracious in giving me a loaner, despite or differences over the suspension problem of the past. Tesla has proven themselves to be very professional and went above and beyond in providing me a loaner car today. I am back in love with my car and with Tesla as a company. Sadowner you will be pleased when the car is finished and hopefully converted back to a happy owner.

Reactions: NewCow and trils0n

WOW,Wisconsin has serious curbs.
Actually what I was describing is something different, not associated with Autopilot. The Model S (and presumably Model X) has a safety feature. If you leave the car in drive or reverse and the car senses that no one is in the drivers seat then it will go into park automatically. So no rolling around without a driver. Definitely at low speeds, I don't know about highway speeds, but I doubt it occurs at that point.

I found this out because I tend to lift myself off the seat to look backwards out the back window, watching for traffic when I back up. The car put itself into park each time. I checked with Tesla and they told me to keep my butt in the seat, and it is a safety feature (much more politely but that's the gist). My wife experienced the forward automatic park feature when trying to reach for something on the dashboard.

Now when I reverse, I use the back-up camera which does a great job especially since it is a wide angle lense and actually has great night time resolution.

Probably tons of folklore floating around, but my DS told me a few people were in accidents from sitting in the back seat with no driver at the wheel, thus the weight sensor in the driver seat.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo