Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hitch Bike Rack for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Ecohitch is quite nice, you can remove the head and make the car seem like it does not have a hitch.
2018 Tesla Model 3 Stealth EcoHitch
for carrying my bikes I use the 1up hitch, which does not touch the body of the bike.
Bike Racks – 1UP USA | OFFICIAL SITE
back hitched.jpg
back.jpg

Rack2.jpg
Rack1.jpg
rack3.jpg
Rack4.jpg

How do the sensors work with the 1UP folded up? Did the car freak out? Also do you have the 2” hitch to accommodate the 3 piece rack?
After installing a hitch with a bike rack, on my first drive the car thinks there is something too close (displaying the red curved lines). It also gave me a warning stating that the blind side lane change was not available. When in reverse, there is a "stop" warning along with beeping because the car thinks an object is too close. I am wondering if anyone else has something to add as to how to use a hitch-installed bike rack in the Model 3. ??

After installing a hitch with a bike rack, on my first drive the car thinks there is something too close (displaying the red curved lines). It also gave me a warning stating that the blind side lane change was not available. When in reverse, there is a "stop" warning along with beeping because the car thinks an object is too close. I am wondering if anyone else has something to add as to how to use a hitch-installed bike rack in the Model 3. ??
Get the same warnings. I imagine in the future that autopilot may not work with the rack installed.