Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get me wrong, delaying all the "normal" orders won't make me happy at all.

The problem is that there is isn't any advantages of being a Signature owner. Tesla could have made all the HK signature order before they made the "normal" orders for UK.
What is the most frustrating is that even it stated as "in transit from factory" It doesn't mean that the car is on the cargo ship coming to HK. The rep told me my car is still in US waiting to be shipped...

Again, there isn't any privileges of being a signature owner, and I will not order another signature model in the future. Not even a Alphard made by Tesla:mad:

I was considering paying the Signature deposit, way back in 2012, but I didn't have the money - so I could only pay the 39 000 HKD up front. Just as important as the money itself was the indication of the willingness of the market. If we hadn't done it, other markets might have been before us. If it hadn't been done all over the world, there wouldn't have been any Tesla Motors today. You might not think of yourself that way, Alipapa, but you are one of the heroes which made this possible, you are part of the EV revolution. I know it feels frustrating not to be "credited" as such by earlier delivery, and yes, I agree, they could have delivered Sigs before the UK non-sigs. In fact, in the UK forums they write there ARE no "Sigs" for UK, they changed it to just getting a special red colour, the rest remains the same.

And if it wasn't for this silly LHD/RHD difference, we could have had them a year ago, no problem.

Yes, very frustrating indeed, especially towards the end of such long wait, just like the last mile in a Marathon.

If I knew the delivery would keep delaying again and again until Q3 2014, I would have bought myself a car in the summer last year so that when delivery actually starts I can then sell it and replaced with Model S. As DITB said above, it's no fun and it's definitely inconvenient when you have to walk, queue, wait, change buses etc. in this long hot humid summer.

Tesla called, will get my car on the 24th!!!

Nice, time for a new type of update: Notice the Delivery column entries change from grey to normal text when it's a Tesla Motors delivery estimate, while actual deliveries will show in bold eventually.

(The legend is written at the bottom)

This calls for an update here, as it's a milestone: The first proper indication of the first delivery date of a Tesla Model S RHD in Hong Kong!

HK Tesla Model S Tally - 2014-07-04.png

Just logged in to my Tesla profile, it used to say that my car is in transit from the factory, but now it turned back to "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S Signature.":confused:

Anyone else?

Some have said those texts are updated manually - better ask Tesla Motors directly then!

Maybe they are tired of some of us trying to figure out their system - so they deliberately obfuscate the information?

Congratulations sonywong!

My DS told me that they plan for 3 weeks transit from US to HK and 3 weeks TD inspection and prep time. I've seen others share similar info for the post production time activities.
That would suggest if you are getting your car on the 24th it is either here in HK now or within a few days.

With your place on the list it also suggests that the big event - the initial 5 deliveries, etc., would also be on the 24th.

The timing also seems to align with the new service center being ready.

I've got a call from Tesla's charger delivery team a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. I'm P45288 and it's P85+. I called Trista in June and was told to expect delivery in Aug but this could be advanced or further delayed.

I've given up on the frustration after an almost 3 years wait. The only bright aspect of such a long wait is the car is effectively free courtesy of TSLA.

I've got a call from Tesla's charger delivery team a couple of weeks ago, but nothing since. I'm P45288 and it's P85+. I called Trista in June and was told to expect delivery in Aug but this could be advanced or further delayed.

I've given up on the frustration after an almost 3 years wait. The only bright aspect of such a long wait is the car is effectively free courtesy of TSLA.

Welcome to the forums, Captain_Kong.

Ah, you went in on the stock in time, smart move! Would have done the same had I had the cash but no stock here at all.

Have a look at the very first post of this thread,(click here #1)

and then feel free to give me the details of your order (here or PM), should you decide to join the HK Tally.

My guess from your VIN is that you are a Roadster owner?

Actually I don't have a Roster, and am a BMW guy most of my life and recently clear / sold one to make room for MS...

It's a pearl white with 21' grey turbine, black leather and carbon trim. Optionwise, all boxes checked except cold weather package.

- - - Updated - - -

Also #39 HK reservation holder...

Actually I don't have a Roster, and am a BMW guy most of my life and recently clear / sold one to make room for MS... It's a pearl white with 21' grey turbine, black leather and carbon trim. Optionwise, all boxes checked except cold weather package.- - - Updated - - -Also #39 HK reservation holder...

So you are Signature then, even higher on the list than "Roadster". Being #39, you should be fairly sure of getting delivery in July already.

I think July 23rd around 5-8 cars

July 24th and the following days, the rest of the Signatures

Let's see ...

On second thought, it doesn't add up. Is #39 your sequence number? That doesn't tie in with your VIN, unless you confirmed very late.

When did you pay deposit, when did you confirm, is it a Signature and what is your VIN really?

Last edited: