Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
uploadfromtaptalk1406290768835.jpg
Please let us know your sequence number, as you can see I am no.28. You received this after Tesla confirmed your deposit payment.

DITB, I have opted for Black leather instead. Thanks!

What?

Then there is only me and KingKitega left of 27, who ordered textile seats.

For resale value, I hope that will become collectors item, haha!

- - - Updated - - -

Signature red it is. not the multi red. sound strange isnt it, i really hope the DS is BSing me on mid-oct delivery.

If it is in transit from the factory, why should it not be delivered until almost 3 months from now - and after a lot of the production cars?

Surely, it must be a misunderstanding, shade.

I have updated you in the list. If you have a sequence number, VIN number or other information you would like to add to post #1, feel free to update me - otherwise I'll just leave it as it is. (will be updated soon, after I have read the remaining posts in the forum)

Seq#3 JohnxII S 2011-04 2014-03 ? 2014-08-05 S41493(RN041490) P85 P.Blk Ycht Gry Pano Air Tech Duo Snd Sens Shlf Light Fog ? Alc Npa Trb Gry 21"

Added, will update shortly.

Why you didn't get it at the launch, JohnxII - was it because you didn't finalise at the great FRT finalising frenzy, February 26th? Being #3, way back from April 2011, you should have been up there.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya, like I told you about my baby-spilling-milk concern.

I am having seat covers anyway, that's the only way I can control the colour without having a cow in my car!

No fossils, no animals no nothing else goes in my car except me and my passengers. I wish I could have avoided plastic too but a car made of only wood, carbon and metals is probably too much of a challenge.

I am having seat covers anyway, that's the only way I can control the colour without having a cow in my car!

No fossils, no animals no nothing else goes in my car except me and my passengers. I wish I could have avoided plastic too but a car made of only wood, carbon and metals is probably too much of a challenge.

DITB, ultimate environmentalist! I bow before you! Respect!

DITB, ultimate environmentalist! I bow before you! Respect!

Sure, I burn 100 tons of kerosene when I go to work (sometimes more, sometimes less), but then I have a lot of other projects coming. Work is financing my personal projects of other renewable ideas - which are quite extensive. Being a one-man army, with a few helpers, it does take time. The main ongoing project is now about 5 years since start, hopefully it will get fully operational by the middle of September (which, incidentally, happens to be the latest Model S delivery estimate for my part).

Why you didn't get it at the launch, JohnxII - was it because you didn't finalise at the great FRT finalising frenzy, February 26th? Being #3, way back from April 2011, you should have been up there.

Must have been my notorious reputation of filing complains :rolleyes:

No I think mainly because as you noticed I didn't finalise quickly, because I seriously thought of canceling the order because of various unpleasant experiences with TM's HK team. Perhaps *if* at the time of confirming Mr Musk was deciding to deliver personally I might've pushed the button sooner?

Just spoke to Jacques, one of our two 85 is on the boat and will arrive in Hong Kong Aug 15. It takes one week to do the declaration paper work (that makes it Aug 22), then 2-3 days to get it out from custom (that makes it Aug 27). That SHOULD make the delivery for Aug 28/29. I was told to get my plane ticket to arrive in Hong Kong on or before Aug 28.

Also, the EV hackathorn community has started to develop some smart phone apps to allow EV drivers to communicate on use of charging stations. Go Projects // Zero Emission InnEVation // Hacker League and search for "unplugged Hero", "evmover", etc for prototype.

Last edited:
Waidy's comment prompted me to chase-up.

My car is arriving by ship any day now, and I've schedule delivery for 13th August 4pm.

Gotta say I'm impressed. I was told mid-to-late August several months ago, and it looks like they are gonna make it. :love:

Table in post #1 is updated with the latest POSITIVE news.

Hope there will be AWD option before mine goes into production - not that I need it but how cool could that be to have?

The table now shows 60/60S/85/P85/P85+ in separate columns - also to be able to see the distribution in numbers and percent, at the bottom.

If luckylao has a P85+ like most other Sig customers, then the P85+ share would be 44%, while only 12% (two 60 and two 60SC) are on the list.

Last edited:
Given that the -normal- order time is about 3 to 4 months, and the current backlog should be clear by September, I think December sounds more reasonable. If it ends up 6+ months, 'normal' buyers are just not going to go for it.

Hopefully they will slip in some extra production units so they can rotate demo and loaners that can be sold to people who just can't wait. It won't be to exact desired spec, but how common is custom ordering cars in HK anyway? Tesla does do this in the States. They tend to clear out the inventory of loaners at the end of the quarter and push the orphans out to the service centers for loaners when depleted.

Given that the -normal- order time is about 3 to 4 months, and the current backlog should be clear by September, I think December sounds more reasonable. If it ends up 6+ months, 'normal' buyers are just not going to go for it.

Yeah, I would be so happy about the backlog being cleared by September, but I have been pushed back to November, after ordering in February. Of course there was no explanation.