Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Added, thanks.

While we are waiting, some interesting notes out of 22 submitted orders:

100% chose the tech package, 95% the parking sensors, 86% panoramic roof, while no-one chose grey leather, black solid or green metallic paint.

Only 3 users (13%) chose textile seats, of which I am one of them, wondering why the leather is so popular in Hong Kong.

Yesssss! VIN 48036. Anyone know typical time from VIN to production?

As for leather, I can honestly say I have never seen a car without leather seats in HK, I think people have a strong feeling they are a luxury feature.

Last edited:
Please put me in the list as well Deposit Nov 2013, confirmed 27 Feb 2014,
VIN 46982 Pearl White P85+ with Grey Performance seat and everything except climate package
seems like i am the only person who ordered grey seat for MS in this forum, interesting

Please put me in the list as well Deposit Nov 2013, confirmed 27 Feb 2014,
VIN 46982 Pearl White P85+ with Grey Performance seat and everything except climate package
seems like i am the only person who ordered grey seat for MS in this forum, interesting

You are on, ThomasC!

Do you know your sequence number? I have placed you where it seems you should be, between sequence #238 and #378. What wheels did you order?

I will update the table shortly, please check the information.

23 listings now, other users who like to join?

Remember to update also (PM is ok), about changes to production or delivery status etc.

The table was initially just to keep track of when delivery can be expected, although it has been expanded to include ordered options.

- - - Updated - - -

Yesssss! VIN 48036. Anyone know typical time from VIN to production?

As for leather, I can honestly say I have never seen a car without leather seats in HK, I think people have a strong feeling they are a luxury feature.

I don't think there is anything typical regarding VINs. I have checked in the other forums and there are often jumps in several thousand VINs for the same date.

It would make sense if they grouped the production of RHD cars for the same shipment, around the same date. The world doesn't always make sense, but if it does in this case, I expect a wave of "into production" updates in the first or second week of July - for the first production Model S for Hong Kong.

As for textile, I hope my selection will make my car a collectors item later on (and make it worth more), just like an old stamp where a corner is broken or the stamping is wrong is worth more than all the other stamps :)

Here's To The Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.

Hi DITB, just an update...

Tesla told me last week, mine (#35 Sig) is on its way to HK and should arrive by end June. Then need to wait 3 weeks for TD clearance.

- - - Updated - - -

You are on, ThomasC!

Do you know your sequence number? I have placed you where it seems you should be, between sequence #238 and #378. What wheels did you order?

I will update the table shortly, please check the information.

23 listings now, other users who like to join?

Remember to update also (PM is ok), about changes to production or delivery status etc.

The table was initially just to keep track of when delivery can be expected, although it has been expanded to include ordered options.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there is anything typical regarding VINs. I have checked in the other forums and there are often jumps in several thousand VINs for the same date.

It would make sense if they grouped the production of RHD cars for the same shipment, around the same date. The world doesn't always make sense, but if it does in this case, I expect a wave of "into production" updates in the first or second week of July - for the first production Model S for Hong Kong.

As for textile, I hope my selection will make my car a collectors item later on (and make it worth more), just like an old stamp where a corner is broken or the stamping is wrong is worth more than all the other stamps :)

Here's To The Crazy Ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently.

One benefit for Textile seats is when you do aggressive cornering, you won't slip :wink:

Tesla told me last week, mine (#35 Sig) is on its way to HK and should arrive by end June. Then need to wait 3 weeks for TD clearance.

- - - Updated - - -

One benefit for Textile seats is when you do aggressive cornering, you won't slip :wink:

Three weeks for TD clearance! Why not just round it up to a month, while they are at it. HK and it's silly omnipresent queuing and admin delays beyond anything reasonable.

Do you know, is it physically on it's way as we speak, on a ship, or is it sitting somewhere waiting? If they say end of June - that would be any day now, so I guess I must just have flown over it yesterday. I take 14 hours, not 14 days, to do that trip haha! It's slightly more pricey, though, to bring a car in to HK from the US in 14 hours.

I would imagine all the Sigs have been produced more or less simultaneously, and just not updated to the list in post 1. I'll stick yours in between the others, for lack of more precise info.

Exciting times ahead - Tesla Model S in July and August, iPhone 6 and other apples in September - and then it's almost Christmas anyway.

And I don't intend to do aggressive cornering, it eats the tires like were they made of eraser.

Three weeks for TD clearance! Why not just round it up to a month, while they are at it. HK and it's silly omnipresent queuing and admin delays beyond anything reasonable.

Do you know, is it physically on it's way as we speak, on a ship, or is it sitting somewhere waiting? If they say end of June - that would be any day now, so I guess I must just have flown over it yesterday. I take 14 hours, not 14 days, to do that trip haha! It's slightly more pricey, though, to bring a car in to HK from the US in 14 hours.

I would imagine all the Sigs have been produced more or less simultaneously, and just not updated to the list in post 1. I'll stick yours in between the others, for lack of more precise info.

Exciting times ahead - Tesla Model S in July and August, iPhone 6 and other apples in September - and then it's almost Christmas anyway.

And I don't intend to do aggressive cornering, it eats the tires like were they made of eraser.

They told me its on the boat already so the lot is coming.

It takes 3-4 weeks for a new model to get TD clearance, which I think is normal. However other makers usually send a market specific model to TD to get clearance before launch.

Cool. But P85+ already type approved, so clearance should be faster. I guess that they are lumping in importing, checking the car, detailing it, registering it, etc, all into "TD clearance". Given the number of cars they are going to have to go through, and the new service centre not yet ready so they don't have the space, I guess the first few cars are going to come slowly...

My expectation is now slipping to September for mine (first of the production ones), especially given the factory shutdown in July.

I had a factory tour at the beginning of the month. They said that they were building a new combined Model S and Model X final assembly line, which will go straight from somewhere in the middle of the factory and out the north end. The current final assembly line snakes around at the south end of the facility.

I believe mine will be produced in the beginning of July, and delivered mid August - hopefully with a call from Tesla "Can you take delivery two weeks early?"

Might change my voicemail to

" .... and if its Tesla Motors calling, I can take delivery any earlier date, just say date, time and location after the beep, thank you ...... BEEEEEP!"