Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally my turn!
#92 - LT_S60 - Oct/2012 - Jul/2012 - mid Oct/2014 - P49357 - 85 - Leather Black - Lcwd Decor - Grey Paint - Tech - Sens - Self - Fog - Alc - 19"

When did you confirm? Prices weren't out until end of February 2014. Deposit Oct 2012, expected delivery October 2014 - and somewhere in between that would be finalising your order. Despite your user name, it seems like it is a production model 85?

China and Google not best of friends.png

I am currently in a place that blocks anything that is not suitable for the public so it will be a few days before I can update the delivery tally again.

I cannot even access "My Tesla":

MyTesla cannot be reached.png

The main page will load but very slowly. Very.

There is a reason, but why Tesla, what have they done wrong?

you may encounter challenges - yeah right indeed!.png

I actually got through now, finally, just to check that they haven't given up sourcing the parts for my Tesla Model S, but sure, they are still sourcing them. I have a feeling they will find those parts soon.

Google still totally blocked, both search engine, docs sync, translate, webmail and web google docs (so cannot update page one of this thread at the moment). I can get google email in my mail client, though, that's all the google that works at the moment.

Yes, can't possibly let people know everything, they are clearly not ready for the fact that Tesla is taking over the world! I'm wondering what parts on my Tesla they are having so much trouble sourcing. Could it be the Warp Drive?

Bow before the Great Firewall of China!

Tried it, din work, maybe din bow deep enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, can't possibly let people know everything, they are clearly not ready for the fact that Tesla is taking over the world! I'm wondering what parts on my Tesla they are having so much trouble sourcing. Could it be the Warp Drive?

Lerxt, you know I didn't qualify for the Warp option. Just because you passed the process, no need to keep teasing, ok :rolleyes: ? Honestly, I couldn't have afforded it anyway, so don't know why I even bothered asking to get it in the first place. Maybe I can get the AWD, at least that would make me feel I got something​.

When did you confirm? Prices weren't out until end of February 2014. Deposit Oct 2012, expected delivery October 2014 - and somewhere in between that would be finalising your order. Despite your user name, it seems like it is a production model 85?

View attachment 55558

I am currently in a place that blocks anything that is not suitable for the public so it will be a few days before I can update the delivery tally again.

My typo.... It should be Jul/2014

HK: Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

So how is it that someone who ordered 5 months after me takes delivery within 2 week of my date? This needs an email to Jerome, since no one at Tesla seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I can (at least try).

My understand is that Tesla's commitment was that roughly (apart from issues with unforeseen circumstances, option availability issues, acts of god, batching, shipping, confirmation delays, etc) in each market they would deliver signature specials, then signatures, then RFF cars, then general production, and within each group the delivery sequence would be roughly equivalent to order sequence. There was no commitment, that I am aware of, to intentionally introduce a delay between each group.

As for 5 months vs 2 weeks, I ordered 3 1/2 years ago, Waidy ordered within the past 12 months, and we will both get our cars within a few weeks. I have no issue with that, so long as a bunch of P's don't get their cars before our RFF's.

The signature situation is that you get your cars before regular production, and you get some signature-only options. For that you pay a bigger deposit and have to accept a pretty maxed out mandatory list of options. For me, personally, that mandatory list of options was about HK$70,000 of stuff I didn't want, which is why I am in the RFF group not signature specials.

P.S. Lerxt, I realise yours was not a signature order - just wanted to get it all down in one place.

Thanks Mark. I actually helped DITB reformatted the tally, so I have looked at the table for many hours.
But since the VIN issue date is not recorded, there's not enough info to determine how long it takes for the Hong Kong market to go from issuing VIN to Delivery. Anyway, I guess as more people get their hands on the cars, we will get a better idea.

I don't think the issue date of the VIN is relevant, but rather the actual VIN last five digits, deposit date and finalise date. And of course which of the major groups, Signature and so on. Some differences also affected by options that slowed the process, like silly things the Transport Department or customs didn't like.

Seq # TMC User Grp Deposit Confirm In Prod Delivery *)
3 JohnxII S 2011-04 2014-03-01 2014-08-05
28 sonywong S 2012-09 2014-02-26 2014-06-13 2014-08-05
35 ekwng S 2012-07 2014-02-27 2014-06-15 2014-08-05
49 Rotorbow S 2012-12 2014-02-11 2014-06-17 2014-08-05
60 Alipapa S 2013-01 2014-02-27 2014-06-1? 2014-08-06
75 Capt666 S 2013-03 2014-02-26 2014-06-23 2014-08-05
138 shade S 2013-02 2014-02-26 2014-08-10
luckylao S 2014-03-01 2014-08-12
172 Newk S 2013-09 2014-02-26 2014-06-16 2014-08-12

Could you please confirm the date you actually got your cars? I know some of the information is in the forums, I am just a bit overloaded. Happy to update, make my life easier please.

Also, please each member, check the table in post #1 and check your info is correct. Some is missing, like which wheels and so on.

Still 100% on the Tech package amongst the 31 entries that we are now up to!

@DITB
Following corrections/additions for me please:

no Pano
Obeche Wood Gloss
Yacht Floor

according to my conversation with the HK DS last Monday "production will be in the next 2 weeks", delivery "before November"

That will be in the next update, thanks, Vmax. There will also be a new separate column for actual delivery, so we can see what the last estimate was, before delivery.

If yours will be in production in the next two weeks, where is mine? I have a feeling it's been produced already - even though it annoyingly still says "sourcing parts" on my page.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tesla suddenly told me my car had been produced already, either on a ship to Hong Kong or already here. I doubt it is here now, though, but probably on the way.

I don't think the issue date of the VIN is relevant, but rather the actual VIN last five digits, deposit date and finalise date. And of course which of the major groups, Signature and so on. Some differences also affected by options that slowed the process, like silly things the Transport Department or customs didn't like.

Could you please confirm the date you actually got your cars? I know some of the information is in the forums, I am just a bit overloaded. Happy to update, make my life easier please.

Also, please each member, check the table in post #1 and check your info is correct. Some is missing, like which wheels and so on.

Still 100% on the Tech package amongst the 31 entries that we are now up to!

I got mine on 2nd August