Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HK: Model X Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#738, seems a long queue now, I believe that with the first Model X shipped/on the street, the reservation will further jump up.

Hopefully, they can learn the experience from S and fix all the issues (e.g. anodizing in door handled, gap/alignment of the doors........etc)

sit back and wait

#738, seems a long queue now, I believe that with the first Model X shipped/on the street, the reservation will further jump up.

Hopefully, they can learn the experience from S and fix all the issues (e.g. anodizing in door handled, gap/alignment of the doors........etc)

sit back and wait

You are reservation sequence #738 in Hong Kong? Wow, that is a huge jump. Could you provide the following details:

TMC User: Your username on this forum
Group: S (signature) or P (production)
Deposit: Date (YYYY-MM-DD) you paid your deposit
TM Estimate: Any estimate Tesla have provided you for delivery

My take (and I think markwj agrees) is that Tesla will deliver a Model X in Q3 (or whatever the latest announced timeframe is) no matter what. It would take something REALLY big and unexpected for Tesla to miss that deadline. I don't think there's much uncertainty around that. We know they have prototypes on the road anyway -- they could just "deliver" one of those!
The real question is how many deliveries they will be able to make by end of 2015. Making a sizeable number of deliveries involves ramping up production, which is made especially difficult as it will be on the same production line as the Model S.

I guess it comes down to WHAT is being delayed. The specs of a real production car, and seeing a Model X or two in the streets around the Bay Area -- I'm pretty sure we will see that in Q3. But for a customer ordering a Model X now -- particularly one in Hong Kong -- I'd take the estimate Tesla gives you and add another 3-6 months.