TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

HK: Model S Deposit date - confirmation - Sequence # - expected delivery

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by DITB, Mar 4, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hungyip84

hungyip84 Member

A lot of people who already got their P85D in the States complained that it's 15%-25% less range when comparing to the P85 model. From most of the posts I read, users average at around 380wh/mile.

At the same time, only sport and insane mode is available at the moment. Future update might add normal mode that might be more efficient.

2. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

380wh/mile is like 237wh/km that's not uncommon I would say and this figure depends very much on weather, driving style, terrain and traffic etc. Perhaps P85D new owners like to feel the insane acceleration?! To compare I average at 210-220wh/km and I do 80% highway during weekdays and very little mileage (hilly terrain) during weekend. The lowest I have seen so far is 150wh/km after a return trip of Tai po/central/Tai po. If I continue practicing my right foot to accelerate and brake smoothly I'm sure wh/km could even be lower.

I noticed that lifting the right foot completely to brake isn't good for energy saving, best would be lifting it sufficiently to slow down.

P85D delivery is 6-8months away (?) so I won't worry too much about it.

3. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

@DITB I have to thank you also, I wouldn't be driving Tesla if it wasn't because of your enthusiasm in promoting green energy. I have previously owned half a dozen different brands before owner forum like this, or car brand like Tesla for that matter, is my first and only enjoyable experience. We need more owners like yourself to help cleaning the air on the street and help Tesla to get even better at what they have been doing.

4. DITB

DITB Charged.hk co-founder

#844 DITB, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    It won't be a huge difference anyway.

The main point here is you get MORE power with about the same range, despite higher weight and "more horses in the staples". Whether it is slightly more or less, isn't too important, especially in Hong Kong where you can't drive too far anyway (unless you get China plates).

What is really important, to address your concerns, is that you order DUAL CHARGERS. Retrofit costs about 2.5 times as much, and with single chargers, you will not only get half, but at generic chargers only 16A/220V, rather than 32A or even 40A, it will be LESS than 11 kW (220V/40A) charging as each phase in the chargers are max 16A.

Only Tesla Motors own wall chargers (single phase) will convert that single phase into three "virtual" phases to max out a single charger installation (3 x 16A each charger). Only in this case can you get 11 kW charging from a single phase installation. Also, for dual chargers, I get 95 km/h charging at the type-2 three phase places, like Kwai Chung Estate (free parking for two hours, open 24/7, after two hours it's still cheap parking). 95 km/h charging means you can fill up in 3-4 hours, depending on how much you arrive with and if charging full or not. Compare that to almost two DAYS on a 13A single phase ...

So go ahead and order your P85D with confidence - yes I will be envious, but I am overly happy with my straight 85. Could I have bought the Model III instead, I would have done that.

5. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

Like @DITB said once I knew the "little $ difference" between S85 and S85D I regretted a little but like many said here waiting is a torture especially you see more and more Tesla running on the road while you drive.

6. DITB

Thank you so much, 3fiftynine :)

I would like to re-iterate that we need each and every man and woman in the community to support in several ways:

- USE the "open charge map" app or openchargemap.org web page (and update it too, please)

- CHARGE as often you can, wherever you go, even when you don't really need it (get the 13A cable)

- COMPLAIN/report about cars blocking the charging spots, whether ICEs or EVs NOT plugged in

- REQUEST your local estate and/or workplace, to have chargers installed

- SUPPORT those locations with chargers installed, bring your business there and be sure to TELL them you go there because you can charge

- TELL your friends, colleagues and even enemies, about your electric car

Some people have called me Tesla Motors Head of Sales Hong Kong, not sure why?

7. Lerxt

Lerxt Active Member

I have actually seen 18wh/km when I drove down the hill from my house behind Sai Kung to the town. Obviously lots of downhill but good fun

8. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

1) downloaded and looked at it, have yet to sign up
    2) got 13A cable on delivery, haven't yet tried, used IEC type 2 at gov't parking
    3) upon my complaint charging spaces now coined off at my estate
    4) being worked on at my workplace, no home-charging yet :mad:
    5) ... for this one, a bit hard for me!
    6) have been doing that

@DITB are you considering the position?

9. DITB

Good job, 3fiftynine. We need all aboard here. If everyone does just a little, the combined force will be huge. If each person went to just one charging location, and corrected/updated the information in OCM (Open Charge Map), it would be much better to use. I cannot personally visit all locations, there simply aren't enough time for me to do this.

I am no good manager or leader, rather I am the type to innovate and think of new ways of doing things. So the only leading I do is leading by example. For that, apart from my job (that pays the bills), I am using most of my spare time for family, home and then this huge project in Europe, with solar power (electric AND heating), rain water and much more, of which I will publish more later. Actually, you can read something about it in this post: Hybrid Electric-Thermal (PV-T) solar panel

I leave actual sales up to professionals, yet I won't stop at doing what I can to help the EV succeed as fast as possible. And to give the best possible experience for fellow Tesla Motor car owners (including, but not limited to, myself, obviously)

10. pinguhk

pinguhk Member

I don't have the car yet and these last 6 months I have been 100% support to tesla more than my BMW lol
    I even got a friend to order 1 before me.
    I know how you feel about tesla sales.
    people think I sell the car too lol.

11. waidy

waidy Member

#851 waidy, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
    Just order YAMS (yet another Model S) with Dual Motor - This is for Hong Kong delivery; Deposit date January 27, 2015

• 85kWh
    • Dual Motor All Wheel Drive
    • All Glass Panoramic Roof
    • 19" Wheels
    • White
    • Tan Leather Seats
    • Piano Black Decor
    • White Alcantara Headliner
    • Tech Package with Autopilot
    • Smart Air Suspension
    • Premium Interior Package
    • Executive Rear Seats
    • Subzero Weather Package
    **** the end *****

12. Optic

Optic Member

Cool, what's yoru expected delivery date? And may I ask, why did you go with the sub zero package?

13. waidy

waidy Member

Expected delivery is still in "negotiation". We use a chauffeur (i.e. we rarely sit in the front), having the subzero weather package can warm our buns at the back :)

14. euniverse

euniverse Member

The Sub-Zero Package comes with the Executive Rear seats. I recently made the change for my S85. They were able to sneak it in for my Dec 2014 order just before they put it into production. So far, my delivery date is still Late-March.

15. waidy

waidy Member

For the record, the dash board shows August delivery.

16. waidy

waidy Member

I am catching up on this thread. Sorry for the delayed comment. I have a P85 since November 2012. Every time I took it to the Tesla Service center, I got a loaner Model S. The last two times, they gave me a P85D. I can tell you it is much much efficient than my P85. I live up in the hills (~800 ft above sea level) and drives to San Francisco (see level) quite often. Not only I have a big hill to ascend and descent, the freeway is like a roller coaster. As I often have the energy meter on the screen, I can see there is a big different in energy use when climbing the hill and riding the roller coaster. I didn't write down the miles/kWh or Wh/mile but I am certain the D is more efficient than the non-D.

17. hungyip84

hungyip84 Member

Thanks for the feedback. Finally I decided to go with S85. Just can't justify the extra money lol. Here is my order detail:

85 kWh
    Panoramic Roof
    19" Wheels
    Red Multi-Coat Paint
    Black Leather Seats
    Obeche Wood Matte Décor
    Black Alcantara Headliner
    Supercharger Enabled
    Tech Package
    Smart Air Suspension
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound

18. 3fiftynine

3fiftynine Member

How much more is a "D", everything else being equal? I would skip the "P" and have a 85D instead of 85 straight if they have one in the showroom for me to drive away!

19. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

The D option costs $38,800 but there is a wait.
    I never understood why someone in HK would want 85D. P85D I understand- you simply want the best of the best, the top of the line model. But 85D over 85 - why?

20. Optic

Optic Member

Some people, like myself, need to wait 1 year to get a parking spot anyways. The 85D is also more efficient than 85, and will hopefully hold more resale value. I just didn't get the P85D cause I don't know where I can even play with the 3.4s 0-100 launch.