Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hol Update suggestion; Move blind-spot monitor to top of screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be nice if there were at least an option to either have the blind spot camera go full screen (instead of the map), or its current placement. Maybe even one more option. The size it is now, I really have to look closely to see the image. Full screen/map placement would make it a lot easier to see the image with a quick glance.

Reactions: leenanj
It would be nice if there were at least an option to either have the blind spot camera go full screen (instead of the map), or its current placement. Maybe even one more option. The size it is now, I really have to look closely to see the image. Full screen/map placement would make it a lot easier to see the image with a quick glance.
I suggested something similar. I drive with the camera screen on, and it would be nice if the camera screen would switch focus to the side camera when turn signal is on to make it bigger (instead of rear camera always being the main).

Reactions: Benito1283
Tesla update 2022.24.xx will let you choose the on-screen position of the blind spot display.

Tesla update 2022.24 lets you choose the Blind Spot Camera location
The only other thing I want moved now (after the Blind Spot cam) is the navigation directions when a screen other than nav is active. They used to be at the top, with the December refresh, they moved to the bottom (where my hand blocks my view).

But this is a huge step in the right direction. The blind spot camera will be much more convenient. Looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Having a blind spot monitor light built in to the mirror like every other manufacturer would have been so much easier and effective. When I’m changing lanes and look at my mirror, I can see if the light is on or not. Looking at the camera feed on the screen isn’t very useful when changing lanes at highway speed.

Reactions: bob00
Having a blind spot monitor light built in to the mirror like every other manufacturer would have been so much easier and effective. When I’m changing lanes and look at my mirror, I can see if the light is on or not. Looking at the camera feed on the screen isn’t very useful when changing lanes at highway speed.
It's ok when you are changing to the right side given you are facing right anyways, not really as useful when to the left.