Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday dance broken?!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just took delivery of our 2018 Model X about a week ago. We tried the dance... but it didn't work! It just rolled down the windows and played the music.

The vehicle arrived needing a software update, so I updated it a couple of days after we took delivery. However, I haven't tried the dance since the update. I'll try it out soon and let you know if the recent update fixed this issue.

We just took delivery of our 2018 Model X about a week ago. We tried the dance... but it didn't work! It just rolled down the windows and played the music.

The vehicle arrived needing a software update, so I updated it a couple of days after we took delivery. However, I haven't tried the dance since the update. I'll try it out soon and let you know if the recent update fixed this issue.

Make sure all your doors are closed by hand before you hit the FOB to start the show.

Make sure there's plenty of space around the car. If it sees things nearby on ultrasound, the show aborts.

Upon delivery and getting it home the light show was one of the first things we tried. It didnt work after several attempts, But it was MY fault.

It does clearly state the doors need to be closed then press the top of keyfob after exit of vehicle.

You cannot close the door using the keyfob! You must manually close the door, then press the keyfob.

All was well

Side note:
You generally want people to stand a few feet back as stated previously the car will stop if it detects objects.