Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger options

Is a dedicated home EVSE required

• Yes: Must be Tesla high power wall

Votes: 21 17.1%
  • Yes: Can be any reputable EVSE device

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Yes: Mount a second mobile connector to the wall with a NEMA 1450 outlet

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • No: Use the mobile connector and a NEMA 1450 outlet

Votes: 60 48.8%
  • No: just plug into household outlet

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s known that supercharging is bad for battery life, would it be better to install a home charger that is a NEMA 14-30 instead of 14-50? If that isn’t the right numbers, I just mean a slower charger at home than a 14-50. I know a 14-50 is slower than a supercharger.

Nema 14-50 with 50 amp circuit is what Tesla recommends. I doubt that they would recommend it over the 30 amp circuit if it wasn't the best choice

Reactions: Levelheadsteve
During one of the early Covid briefs, Gov Hogan said that state revenues were way down, there were a stack of bills on his desk to sign, and he wasn't signing any that cost money right now. Still hoping the $3k excise tax refund gets funded, but not very optimistic. While I'd like the money, I'm glad Hogan is trying to be fiscally responsible.

Yes! Planning on using all the rebates and credits that I can. Unfortunately, the MD credit has no more funds, and I’m pessimistic given the current economic situation that it will be replenished soon. But we’ll see!

Still no $3,000 EV tax credit funding in Maryland, but as of July 8, the EVSE rebate (40%, up to $700) has been funded again. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Rebate Program