Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charging no longer works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting week. Sunday 10/30 I had 2.42.40 pushed to my 9/13 P85+. Monday, 10/31 I get a pulsating caution indicator to contact service. Call them up and brought the car in 11/1. While there, the replaced a number of HV battery peripherals (power switch, pyro fuse, etc). Also had my tpms system upgraded. Picked up up yesterday and plugged it in for its nightly charge. This morning, car was not charged and the charge LED was red. Went to work and decided to try again tonight. Led pulses green for 10 seconds then goes red. Got inside and the center display was rebooting. Texted and emailed my service advisor but no reply. Decided to try my local supercharger and it fortunately is charging. One last thing I can try is my wife's L2 charger for her Focus EV. Makes me wonder if the service center even tried charging after this rather major service.

Brought the car in and received a Signature Model X P90DL as a loaner. More to follow on that. Turns out that this time the had to replace the on-board 10kW charger:
Remove and replaced faulty charger assembly, performed firmware update, and completed coolant air purge.

They also went to update the firmware but it kept failing - a problem with the TPMS upgrade:
Concern: Technician reports Vehicle will not accept firmware update
Corrections: Firmware General Diagnosis
Previous repairs for the Continental TPMS retrofit found to not be performed correctly. Corrected issues found and performed firmware update. Once completed verified proper vehicle operations.

So, as I'm leaving to return the X and pick mine up, I'm greeted with the following on the X:
IMG_4025.JPG

November is not looking very good as far as Tesla ownership...