Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home delivery or pick up at delivery center?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the ordering process on the web, when I entered my address (a small town in eastern Oregon), I was told that my Model 3 will be delivered directly to my house. Having read some postings about people rejecting delivery because of problems with paint and fit, I wonder if it would be better to go to my nearest Tesla delivery center, which I assume is in Portland. If someone drives a few hundred miles to my house and has a driver in a second vehicle, waiting for him to do the delivery, I will feel pressured to hurry the inspection. Also, I am assuming that at the delivery center they can fix problems and get me my car. Any suggestions?

In the ordering process on the web, when I entered my address (a small town in eastern Oregon), I was told that my Model 3 will be delivered directly to my house. Having read some postings about people rejecting delivery because of problems with paint and fit, I wonder if it would be better to go to my nearest Tesla delivery center, which I assume is in Portland. If someone drives a few hundred miles to my house and has a driver in a second vehicle, waiting for him to do the delivery, I will feel pressured to hurry the inspection. Also, I am assuming that at the delivery center they can fix problems and get me my car. Any suggestions?
(And of course, the other issue is that if I do reject the car here in Lakeview, they will have to charge it overnight before they can drive it back. Or do they haul it here on a carrier?)

I would hope they deliver it on a truck, but who knows? Just remember that you are the customer. So even if the delivery isn't on a truck and the guy has his 9-month pregnant wife waiting in another car, take your time and make sure the car is perfect.

...rejecting...

In the past, most home deliveries were done by non-Tesla truckers and your car got to be fully paid before shipping.

Those truckers couldn't explain anything about Tesla and they would tell you to call Tesla because they have to deliver other cars too!

If you have any thought about any possibility about rejection, I wouldn't recommend about a home delivery.

Most are very satisfied with post-delivery repairs.