Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home Delivery Timing (Ottawa)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like great service! What were the other smaller issues?

(I had the call today asking it I would like home delivery to Ottawa or pick up and am trying to decide!)
Smaller issues where related to rubber seals around the door - they needed to be adjusted. And the panel under the right door were not clicked properly to the vehicle (I tried to push it, one part clicked in but one part of the panel was visible standing out - he adjusted it)

The outside of the car was not clean - it was raining on the delivery day and there were small scratches on the paint. But we agreed with my DA that when I take my car for ceramic coating, the 3rd party will asses the amount for paint correction and Tesla might pay for it (at least partially)

Last edited:
Cars received with no significant issues, just a little confusion. When I ordered, my home address did come up when entering my delivery details as I live in a new development. Happen's somewhat regularly with on-line orders so no surprise, I just enter my work address instead. When a DA was assigned, I advised of the address change and she was able to manually enter my details so I figured all was well. Got the call on Thursday that they would be coming Friday afternoon, so I went in Friday and ducked out early to come home and empty out my trade in and get ready.

About 15 minutes after getting home, a co-worker called and told me a truck with 2 Tesla's pulled in to my work lot. Even though I was told they would be sent to my home, and was advised they would call in advance to confirm the time, they showed up at my work, unannounced. No big deal, I just drove back to the office.

Both cars were unloaded and waiting in the lot when I got back. The delivery guy had no real interest in giving me much of a chance to look at the cars, or even relish in the moment, he just shoved the papers in my hand and said sign. I did a quick walk around to ensure nothing was glaring, and luckily all looked good. So I signed, and handed over my trade in keys, to a blank stare. He had no clue he was taking my car in trade. I called my DA and she confirmed that he was to take it, and he called his office and they weren't sure, but based on my DA's insistence, they agreed to take it, so off he went with my trade in, and there I was with 2 shiny new Tesla's... and slowly but surely, people started migrating out of my office and drooling over the cars.

I gave them a good look over in the lot while others peppered me with questions and comments. Only issue I noted on one was a little bit of adhesive from the chrome trim around the rear passenger window had dripped onto the paint. Very minor. So with that it was time to head out. It was the first time I had ever touched a Tesla, let alone drove one. We got an SR+ and an AWD. My biggest mistake was driving the AWD first. I got in and very slowly and gingerly navigated around the lot and got on the road. I took it easy for the first couple hundred feet to get a feel for the regen, then I decided to test the acceleration. No matter how much I read, or how many videos I had watched, I was no where close to ready for it, the acceleration is ridiculous. Even kind of scary. I can't even begin to image what the performance model would be like. I got home, and looked the car over a bit more, noted a slight bulge in the rubber around the rear driver door, and slight paint imperfection on the side of the same door frame, but again, very minor and not something I'm at all concerned with.

When I went back and picked up the SR+, I basically did the same dance out of the lot, and when I tried out the acceleration, it was still surprising, but not as much as the AWD. The SR+ is still the fastest I've ever owned or driven, but the AWD kind of stole its thunder. I wish I had of brought them home in the reverse order, just to get blown away twice. The SR+ is pretty much flawless. I'm sure some one with a more particular eye may find fault, but for me, I have nothing to complain about.

We are still learning the vehicles, but I am absolutely floored how amazing the whole experience has been.

Co
Cars received with no significant issues, just a little confusion. When I ordered, my home address did come up when entering my delivery details as I live in a new development. Happen's somewhat regularly with on-line orders so no surprise, I just enter my work address instead. When a DA was assigned, I advised of the address change and she was able to manually enter my details so I figured all was well. Got the call on Thursday that they would be coming Friday afternoon, so I went in Friday and ducked out early to come home and empty out my trade in and get ready.

About 15 minutes after getting home, a co-worker called and told me a truck with 2 Tesla's pulled in to my work lot. Even though I was told they would be sent to my home, and was advised they would call in advance to confirm the time, they showed up at my work, unannounced. No big deal, I just drove back to the office.

Both cars were unloaded and waiting in the lot when I got back. The delivery guy had no real interest in giving me much of a chance to look at the cars, or even relish in the moment, he just shoved the papers in my hand and said sign. I did a quick walk around to ensure nothing was glaring, and luckily all looked good. So I signed, and handed over my trade in keys, to a blank stare. He had no clue he was taking my car in trade. I called my DA and she confirmed that he was to take it, and he called his office and they weren't sure, but based on my DA's insistence, they agreed to take it, so off he went with my trade in, and there I was with 2 shiny new Tesla's... and slowly but surely, people started migrating out of my office and drooling over the cars.

I gave them a good look over in the lot while others peppered me with questions and comments. Only issue I noted on one was a little bit of adhesive from the chrome trim around the rear passenger window had dripped onto the paint. Very minor. So with that it was time to head out. It was the first time I had ever touched a Tesla, let alone drove one. We got an SR+ and an AWD. My biggest mistake was driving the AWD first. I got in and very slowly and gingerly navigated around the lot and got on the road. I took it easy for the first couple hundred feet to get a feel for the regen, then I decided to test the acceleration. No matter how much I read, or how many videos I had watched, I was no where close to ready for it, the acceleration is ridiculous. Even kind of scary. I can't even begin to image what the performance model would be like. I got home, and looked the car over a bit more, noted a slight bulge in the rubber around the rear driver door, and slight paint imperfection on the side of the same door frame, but again, very minor and not something I'm at all concerned with.

When I went back and picked up the SR+, I basically did the same dance out of the lot, and when I tried out the acceleration, it was still surprising, but not as much as the AWD. The SR+ is still the fastest I've ever owned or driven, but the AWD kind of stole its thunder. I wish I had of brought them home in the reverse order, just to get blown away twice. The SR+ is pretty much flawless. I'm sure some one with a more particular eye may find fault, but for me, I have nothing to complain about.

We are still learning the vehicles, but I am absolutely floored how amazing the whole experience has been.
Congratulations and great review of the delivery experience and the cars! Swayed me towards home delivery of my SR+. Enjoy your cars!!

My order from May 24th now shows delivery scheduled for June 19th in Montreal. At what point did you guys get offered home delivery? I think that would be preferable.
I got offered home delivery in a call last Friday (my car arrived in MTL on the Tues). I wanted to go and pick it up but heard this week I have not been approved to pick it up and must have home delivery!

Hey Bob, no pics?? Love the 2 Teslas, Double Trouble!
Congrats!

Haven't done any glamour shots yet, but here they are at delivery.

Attachments

• 58041043146__4C160140-05E5-4823-93EC-8D6779F7078C.jpg
    58041043146__4C160140-05E5-4823-93EC-8D6779F7078C.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 58041041612__9179A5BD-8A7E-401E-8125-31C2876CA383.jpg
    58041041612__9179A5BD-8A7E-401E-8125-31C2876CA383.jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Love
Reactions: Blu-Ion and jdw
My order from May 24th now shows delivery scheduled for June 19th in Montreal. At what point did you guys get offered home delivery? I think that would be preferable.
When I got my first email from Tesla where DA introduced herself, I reviewed my order detail and I noticed that the tax calculated was not Ontario HST but it was closer to Quebec taxation. So I asked about tax calculation, whether it would be better to pick it up in Toronto (to not mix the taxation), or whether they offer a home delivery. And she offered home delivery.

Then there was no movement on my account for nearly 6 weeks :). When I later suggested that I am willing to travel to Toronto or Montreal to pick up the car just to received it faster, but my DA suggested me that it is less trouble for them to ship it to my home address.

When all the paperwork was calculated correctly and signed, it took them one day to arrange the delivery - it was very fast. The truck had 3 other model 3s. So I guess they ship the car as soon as they fill up the truck - and now they have enough demand to fill a truck up maybe 2 times a week easily (if they have enough cars).

When I got my first email from Tesla where DA introduced herself, I reviewed my order detail and I noticed that the tax calculated was not Ontario HST but it was closer to Quebec taxation. So I asked about tax calculation, whether it would be better to pick it up in Toronto (to not mix the taxation), or whether they offer a home delivery. And she offered home delivery.

Then there was no movement on my account for nearly 6 weeks :). When I later suggested that I am willing to travel to Toronto or Montreal to pick up the car just to received it faster, but my DA suggested me that it is less trouble for them to ship it to my home address.

When all the paperwork was calculated correctly and signed, it took them one day to arrange the delivery - it was very fast. The truck had 3 other model 3s. So I guess they ship the car as soon as they fill up the truck - and now they have enough demand to fill a truck up maybe 2 times a week easily (if they have enough cars).

I had the exact same experience. Tax calcs were wrong (not even in line with Qc taxes) so I called and the agent said the initial docs are generated in California and routinely off for Canadian deliveries, and they would be corrected when a DA is assigned and reviews the file. I asked about Toronto vs Montreal as well and they told me it would be sent to me at home. When I got a DA assigned, she confirmed it right away.

Just received the first email from my DA advising my car will be at the Montreal SC later this week. (still no VIN or delivery date on the Tesla site). I was told I will be getting home delivery - I wasn't given the option of picking up in Montreal.

Out of curiosity.. for those forced to take home delivery, have you mentioned to the advisor that you might reject the car if its not up to your standard? I want to know what their position knowing the possibility of the car getting returned.

Out of curiosity.. for those forced to take home delivery, have you mentioned to the advisor that you might reject the car if its not up to your standard? I want to know what their position knowing the possibility of the car getting returned.
I did ask as these forums had made me paranoid! They said there is no way to reject but the car is detailed and inspected before delivery and you have 3 days to inform of any issues.