Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink installed today - AP software regressed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install today went seamlessly, tech was super friendly and also adjusted my passenger door for me.

Following the install, it 'felt' to me that the AP steering was more jumpy and not as smooth as before. This is highly subjection but I did feel this was the case almost immediately. In fairness this was in no way an intended direct comparison, and I am not 100% sure I had even used AP on the same roads as today (though I think so), so jury is out but wanted to see if this might even be a possibility (though I think I know the answer)?

I am on software 2020.20.12.

Install today went seamlessly, tech was super friendly and also adjusted my passenger door for me.

Following the install, it 'felt' to me that the AP steering was more jumpy and not as smooth as before. This is highly subjection but I did feel this was the case almost immediately. In fairness this was in no way an intended direct comparison, and I am not 100% sure I had even used AP on the same roads as today (though I think so), so jury is out but wanted to see if this might even be a possibility (though I think I know the answer)?

Homelink came with my Model 3 in 2018. It doesn't come with the Y?

Homelink came with my Model 3 in 2018. It doesn't come with the Y?
No. It was on the original spec, but was removed on the final spec...$300 add on, shipped to you and mobile install. I think they're moving towards a wifi capability, and probably had some feedback that the usage of the Homelink wasn't high enough to warrant everyone getting it...no biggie, imo...would be nice if it had been included, but it's a fixed cost adder for Tesla to include it, not like a software setting, so easy for Tesla to reduce their cost and pass it on to the owners that want it...

I had homelink installed this past week and just drove out of town using AP for about 130 miles. Did not notice anything outside of the usual.

I believe Homelink is now an option on all Tesla cars. You buy it, don’t open the package and Mobile service installs it for free. 300 bucks.
That’s exactly right. I’ve read some people have bought the actual device on eBay for around $100 then paid Tesla to activate it, but I didn’t want to take the risk they’d deny doing so.
Although expensive at $300, the function is superb, having the garage auto open and close is now something I consider essential!

Reactions: interfx
I am having Homelink installed this Friday. I like that I can auto fold my mirrors as I arrive home and now will be able to have the garage door open. I wish it would also auto park in the garage.
I laugh sometimes...don't you folks like to drive??? :)
Self park in the garage may come eventually...

I love the GPS based "arrival" setting that you can adjust the distance which it will activate...I set mine at 20 ft for the gate opening, but probably need to increase to have it opening a little earlier before I get to it...much better than having to hit a button...

Reactions: interfx