Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink not working with Chamberlain Liftmaster remotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big Mystery: Hope someone else has figured this out.
My 2014 has the EEPROM issues in the MCU. It gave me the screen you see here. There will be a recall, but in the meantime, Tesla zapped my EEPROM back to zero. It took a while, but everything came up and I was able to reprogram my various preferences. BUT....my Homelink garage door opener setting was lost. I tried to reprogram, but the vehicle would not recognize the Liftmaster remote. Put in new batteries. No luck. Use another remote. No luck. Used the Liftmaster wireless keypad. No luck. Tried the same routine on my wife's X. No luck
I even pulled the X in front of the S, hoping the S might read the Liftmaster signal being emitted by the X. No luck.
The Tesla Mobile Service Tech showed up, and found the same thing. His S could not read the remotes, either. BUT, he also had a Genie door opener. The S,X and his S all read the Genie with no issues.
So, my conclusion is that a recent software update has somehow dropped Chamberlain Liftmaster brand from the list of recognizable door opener signals. I wonder if that information is typically held in the EEPROM of the MCU. Anyone know?
I am left to hope that this will get resolved with the recall.
Hart Blue Zap Center Display Unavailable.jpg

Am interested to see who has insight.I have never been able to program my Liftmaster on the latest Homelink security. I have to use a legacy repeater to get the Tesla to connect.

I am not sure why the MCU EEPROM would care in your case.

Also, many pull the lightbulb out of the opener when programming in case it generates interference. Shocking how fragile homelink is.

I had this problem once, but not with the Tesla. It was with our Toyota Avalon. I found out that the Liftmaster had a fixed number of links it could connect to. I had to clear out the memory in the liftmaster and reconnect it to our cars and it worked, This was three years ago, so maybe that is not a problem any more. Not sure about newer ones.