Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink retrofit install failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried moving my Homelink from my 2023 performance to my 2024 performance. Homelink plug was in a different location then on the previous model 3 and got an error when I tried to activate it in service mode. Looked around and havent seen much on installs on highland model 3s. Any advice would be helpful, was hoping to move the module from one to the other and save myself some money.

Hey guys! I have great news to share. After getting the failed to update home link configuration error last night (see below) on one of the earlier versions of the software (2024.8.4 I believe)…
View attachment 1056315

I updated (took 1hr+) to 2024.20.1– I’m happy to report that my eBay modules purchased, activated successfully!

View attachment 1056316View attachment 1056317

I paired my home link with my garage door and everything is working smoothly 👌

For reference, I have a late 2023 MYP with HW4. I cancelled my mobile service appointment above :)
After seeing this and also noticing that it appears no one has reported trying it from 2024.14.x, I just tried on my 2024 Y with 2024.14.9 and no luck. I transferred FSD from my Model 3 and I’m stuck behind on the FSD versions, so I guess I’ll have to wait until the FSD branch moves to 2024.20.x or above.

I’m leaning more towards that this was a bug with the 2024.x builds prior to 2024.20.x and not an intentional change.

Reactions: VipinLJ
Tried moving my Homelink from my 2023 performance to my 2024 performance. Homelink plug was in a different location then on the previous model 3 and got an error when I tried to activate it in service mode. Looked around and havent seen much on installs on highland model 3s. Any advice would be helpful, was hoping to move the module from one to the other and save myself some money.
What software version are you running? It looks like unless you’re running 2024.20.1 at least then it’s not going to work.

That may be it, thought I was on 2024.20 and the FSD trial has me stuck on 2024.14. Kinda wish I could end the trial early, my trial on my 23P ran out like 4 days ago and took delivery today of the 24P to restart the trial lol
Same here. We got an MYP three weeks back and it still has the FSD trial. If I see more people say they can get homelink working on the new update, then I'll buy the module ASAP. I love it on our MYLR and it sucks that My Tesla decided not to let people do the retrofit themselves.

Hey guys! I have great news to share. After getting the failed to update home link configuration error last night (see below) on one of the earlier versions of the software (2024.8.4 I believe)…
View attachment 1056315

I updated (took 1hr+) to 2024.20.1– I’m happy to report that my eBay modules purchased, activated successfully!

View attachment 1056316View attachment 1056317

I paired my home link with my garage door and everything is working smoothly 👌

For reference, I have a late 2023 MYP with HW4. I cancelled my mobile service appointment above :)
Terrific ! I confirm it worked also for me :) ! With version 2024.20.1.
Thanks a lot for the feedback @rafamundez