Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horizontal Wind Turbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one who can find a landscape like this truly beautiful needs either stronger glasses or had a glass to much

altamont_turbines.jpg

If it its in a remote location it probably doesnt matter but near a resort...

Looks great to me!

The not working in 1 year rule is a good one. A dead windturbine is no better than a dead exotic. Aston Martin DB7

Hmmm, the products pages says, "We are currently developing and testing our final prototype of the Aeroturbine. Once perfected, which may be as soon as mid 2007,..."

They have press well into this year but can you purchase?

OK. This is totally off topic but I know that there are so many internet surfers out there that might be able to help me I am posting anyway. I was recently watching a TV show and I don't know what channel but it was on new green technology - now that I say that in writing maybe it was like ECO-TECH or something like that. Discovery channel or something. Any way I saw a wind turbine that was designed for city use. That could be mounted horizontally and worked in VERY low wind from wind in all directions because of the double helix design. It was designed to easily be mounted to roof tops in the city. I am trying to get more information on it to see if it is feasible for me to get one. Does anyone have any insight on this to add.....
Kevin, I also saw that program ... I was so excited, and thought we could find it easily online ... I sometimes describe it as reminding me the sullaire(R) compressor, except rather than a continuous worm-screw the *blades* are divided into little horizontal sails. If you DO find that actual implementation online, will you please share with me as well? I'm afraid it may be just a one-man-maker, and we'll have to design our own ... but his was working ! There are a couple of new patents online, maybe one is his ... Really look foreward to chasing this thing down, I want to have it built for our church ... we have a perfect roof for it and we need to proclaim our greenity... thanks for keeping me in mind if you find ~ maribeth eagleturtle

haha..i saw that program too and ive been telling a few mates about it but couldnt find anything when i googled it...then i found this place,nice one guys
funny,i was trying to find out more about those multi layer multi frequency solor strips too...
cool program wasnt it....?

ecotris..

Combinations

Well I think that the Wind Turbine platform is under used, with just a wind turbine on them, we could make them into Air Purifiers, Water Vapor extractors, and even Solar painted Wind Turbines. Even then we could store all the energy in Lithium batteries. I think we should try and do this, 1. Because it will help us all breath better, and have plenty of water and electricity, and 2. It will make us financially and utility independent, and during a crisis, and/or storm better capable to weather them. I don't know about you, but I would love to have the power company paying me, instead of the other way around. I say we use the Farm lands of the south, and mid-west to turn America into a Self Reliant Giant. Then do it to the rest of the world. I am just sick of all these power lines, and water pipes, and the like messing up, and we being without water or electricity for days, even weeks on end. It may cost up front, but it would mean independence. Then also we would need to send people to school to be a Mechanic for them. That is what I think Personally. :cool::cool: