Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn Malfunction in S85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, I noticed the horn did not work in my S85. While driving, I rebooted the dash and the center console and it still would not work. I had no trouble pushing the horn, just no noise. Upon arriving home, I was able to activate the horn with the iphone app.

Once home, I again went to reboot the dash and console and still no horn. This am, 10 hours later, the horn now works. I tried to look for posts on this and found no answer. I obviously will continue to monitor this and bring it to Tesla's attention at the next service.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and/or does anyone know what is going on?

Sometimes a full off/on cycle seems to be required to reset things beyond the dash and console. Was 10 hours later the first time you tried the horn after turning the car off?

Yes. Basically I got home, got the horn to work with the app, rebooted it, tried again and no horn and gave up for the night. I plugged it in overnight, and 10 hours later, the next morning the horn works.

I had this problem. The SvC checked all the connections and still no Horn. The rebooted the system (not the screen) but what ever system operates the horn and it worked. I think that they could have done the reset remotely if you are not near a SvC.