Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Horn replacement - standard horns and relays?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone replaced their horn with an aftermarket one? I find the stock ones to be a bit too quiet to get noticed. I've had Hella Supertones in the past and I found them to be excellent.

Any pics of the existing horns, how to access them, or whether or not they use the standard connectors and relays would be great.

I have a FIAMM Riviera horn set I'm planning to install soon. Horn location is in the front bumper in front of the left front wheel. The FIAMM will not plug-n-play but the compressor has male spade terminals and that's easy to wire up the OE plug.

There was talk about this in the other forum (and on here too I believe) in late 2019, early 2020. Some of us thought about horn replacements back in 2016, soon after the prototype unveiling, knowing the OE horns would either sound like a sub-compact/scooter or an econobox sedan.

Seger (of Turkey) makes the OE units... which regardless of what people think about their sound, is actually a good think! Seger is one of the better if not the best horn manufacturers out there.

And, there appear to be AMER and EMEA/APAC variations of the Model 3/Y horns (minor low/high tone frequency and output dB diffs).

There is also a Seger drop in replacement (same connector, no snail trumpet) that sounds different (less mellow, more Hella sharp/supertone like).

Finally the OE units seem to use a Delphi 1541 connector, which isn't too common in the industry, but can be found on a few EU car manufacturer models. Whether this connector is indeed correct and if any horns using it would be PnP needs confirmation.

Most of the aftermarket spectrum is all about cosmetic mods as that's where demand and profit margins live.

One clear exception is that end of the spectrum that focuses on #becauseracecar mods since with any decent R&D effort, the profit margins melt away (even if the end result parts are priced out into the $Ks).

Relatively inexpensive, practical DD QoL mods are rare.

The wife would kill me but also, we never use the front. Like ever... so yeah I’ll start lookin into it.

$52.99... done

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevy Baby
I need to replace my low tone horn or the entire thing. So when I was at the tesla body shop the other day I took this picture of another model 3. If it helps anybody.
20210602_104257.jpg

The wife would kill me but also, we never use the front. Like ever... so yeah I’ll start lookin into it.

$52.99... done

Did you install? How was the install? I need new horns, and I am out of warranty.