Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks Michael,

Here's the plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/60162

It lists two HPWCs and a Clipper Creek J1772 charger.

Here's a link to the updated Google map.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Michael,

I sent an email to the Hilton informing them of the error on their hotel website.

Thanks.

Larry

Last edited:
Everglades Hostel and Tours
20 Southwest 2nd Avenue, Florida City, FL 33034
www.evergladeshostel.com (THIS URL APPEARS TO BE HACKED)
(305) 248-1122

plugshare reference: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/60164

69842.jpg

One HPWC and one additional HPWC coming soon.

Larry

I've expanded the scope of this thread to include hotels that are located walking distance from a Supercharger Station.

Just a note to say that I visited the DeFuniak Springs supercharger twice on a round trip last week from Baton Rouge, Louisiana to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. On the return trip, I stayed at the Hotel DeFuniak and definitely recommend it. It's in the historic district just 2 blocks from the supercharger, in a restored building built in 1920 as a Masonic Lodge. It's listed as "One of Florida's Top Ten B&B Inns" and the restaurant was really good, too. The owners, Tom and Pam Hutchins, are on site and as I was eating a delicious dinner of red snapper fresh from the Gulf, Pam stopped by my table to ask if everything was okay. The next morning, Tom was cooking blueberry pancakes for breakfast. If your timing includes an overnight stay or even just a meal, I recommend this place. The lake is easy walking distance from the supercharger, too. You can walk around the lake or out on a public pier to stretch your legs a bit after a long ride in the car.

Hotel DeFuniak

400 East Nelson Avenue | DeFuniak Springs | FL | 32433 | 850-892-4383 |

Larry

Last edited:
Last edited:
Larry, here is another one for you. I specifically book the Best Western Gateway, because it shows on TELSA find us as a Tesla 80A connector. Not exactly. THey do have HP Sun Country chargers but they are in a Terrible Spot crammed in next to the tennis court. I parked my car on the curb so JUST IN CASE someone needed the second charger they could get by. Btw the hotel is a C grade, old and tired. The only reason I am here was for the TESLA website. I would have been up the street in the Wingate, which is much nicer and has Charge Points. I will give them that the chargers are free, but a bit misleading.

On another note each year we have meetings at the Reunion Resort. I have told them about the FREE HPWC that Tesla would give them if they would only install it. I even told them about that I had to stay at another hotel for charging. But for some reason they just don't find it important. I will follow up with them again before next year but no interest. Also had meetings at the Marriott World Center, they have chargers with the Valet. Cost is $26 but standard parking and walking is $18 so worth it. The Valet says that if you eat in a restaurant they will give you a $20 valet voucher.

Larry, here is another one for you. I specifically book the Best Western Gateway, because it shows on TELSA find us as a Tesla 80A connector. Not exactly. THey do have HP Sun Country chargers but they are in a Terrible Spot crammed in next to the tennis court. I parked my car on the curb so JUST IN CASE someone needed the second charger they could get by. Btw the hotel is a C grade, old and tired. The only reason I am here was for the TESLA website. I would have been up the street in the Wingate, which is much nicer and has Charge Points. I will give them that the chargers are free, but a bit misleading.

On another note each year we have meetings at the Reunion Resort. I have told them about the FREE HPWC that Tesla would give them if they would only install it. I even told them about that I had to stay at another hotel for charging. But for some reason they just don't find it important. I will follow up with them again before next year but no interest. Also had meetings at the Marriott World Center, they have chargers with the Valet. Cost is $26 but standard parking and walking is $18 so worth it. The Valet says that if you eat in a restaurant they will give you a $20 valet voucher.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information and for your efforts to promote destination charging.

We already have the Best Western Gateway recorded on our Google map. Posting #107.

Larry

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information and for your efforts to promote destination charging.

We already have the Best Western Gateway recorded on our Google map. Posting #107.

Larry

Larry I agree,

The main point I wanted to make was that the TESLA website is showing the Gateway with a HPWC or 80a charger. They don't have either. And I don't think that TESLA should be promoting a Hotel that DOESNT have their equipment. I don't know if they sent them the equipment and it never got installed or what but the hotel is nothing worth going to if not the HPWC. In fact it is pretty worn out and I was disappointed. I wonder who we can contact to tell the people at TESLA they should remove them from the map. Any suggestions?
thanks
Mark

Larry I agree,

The main point I wanted to make was that the TESLA website is showing the Gateway with a HPWC or 80a charger. They don't have either. And I don't think that TESLA should be promoting a Hotel that DOESNT have their equipment. I don't know if they sent them the equipment and it never got installed or what but the hotel is nothing worth going to if not the HPWC. In fact it is pretty worn out and I was disappointed. I wonder who we can contact to tell the people at TESLA they should remove them from the map. Any suggestions?
thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarification.

I'll check with the appropriate person at Tesla to see if the reference to a "Tesla Connector" should be removed.

On another issue, aren't the Sun Country chargers 80 amp?

Larry

Larry
Thanks for taking care of that, it shouldn't be but it was a disappointment. They do have 2 Sun Country chargers that are in a very tight almost ridiculous place behind the hotel wedged in next to the tennis courts. You would swear they were there for golf carts. As mentioned before, if I didn't pull up on the curb, no one could get by me to the second charger and if I was there, I would easily get blocked in. THe good news is they are free and they work just fine. I have twin chargers and could only get 40 mph charge on it. But all in all it is not a terrible experience. But given the choice and for a similar price I would have stayed at the Wingate up the street. It would cost and extra $5-7 to charge the car, but the hotel is nicer, a really decent free breakfast and near some decent places to eat. Next month I am driving to Atlanta and the Westin Perimeter is listed on the Tesla website as having 2 HPWC, I will let you know how that works out. Thanks for all your contact and what you do.

Larry
Thanks for taking care of that, it shouldn't be but it was a disappointment. They do have 2 Sun Country chargers that are in a very tight almost ridiculous place behind the hotel wedged in next to the tennis courts. You would swear they were there for golf carts. As mentioned before, if I didn't pull up on the curb, no one could get by me to the second charger and if I was there, I would easily get blocked in. THe good news is they are free and they work just fine. I have twin chargers and could only get 40 mph charge on it. But all in all it is not a terrible experience. But given the choice and for a similar price I would have stayed at the Wingate up the street. It would cost and extra $5-7 to charge the car, but the hotel is nicer, a really decent free breakfast and near some decent places to eat. Next month I am driving to Atlanta and the Westin Perimeter is listed on the Tesla website as having 2 HPWC, I will let you know how that works out. Thanks for all your contact and what you do.
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the kind words.

My understanding is that the Sun County Highway chargers are rebadged Clipper Creek high capacity chargers. I'm informed that you have to press the power button twice to obtain the full capacity of the charger.

Larry

I reached out to the relatively new Hampton Inn that is directly on Daytona Beach as we stay there a couple times a year while visiting my family at my in laws beach house (house is always full) in Ormond Beach. Anyway, now that we have a Tesla I started reaching out to Hotels we frequent and informing them of the destination charging options Tesla offers. I spoke with the head of sales and felt she was just being polite while I rambled on about the potential benefits of adding this feature to their hotel when out of nowhere she mentioned the owner had a Tesla.

Well just about an hour after I sent a follow up email thanking her for her time and a link to the destination charging email address she replied and said one would be installed by the end of the year. Jackpot!

See screenshot of email below. Not sure if it would be out of line to do this or not but if you feel so inclined to email her and add to my thanks please do so. I asked her to keep me updated so once installed we could add it to our map.

I plan to contact the Hilton as well. There is a Hilton Garden Inn being built as well.

Screen Shot 2015-03-21 at 5.03.00 PM.png

I really don't understand why big resorts as well as other don't take advantage of this. they get free advertising on the Tesla website. It brings people in, and it brings the people that they want. I mentioned it to Reunion Resorts and got probably no where. They have an engineering department and it wouldn't cost that much anyway to install it. But they didn't do anything. I go there each year and hope they will move ahead. But every major resort in the Orlando area should have HPWC. All they need to do is get it installed and a lifetime of free advertising.

Larry,

For the first time in three years I don't have to walk a mile to charge my Model S.

Jupiter Beach Resort
5 North A1A
Jupiter, FL 33477-5190

866-943-0950

Has Two Level 2 chargers in Valet parking area (J1772). They are free to use for guests. It is a lovely small hotel on the beach in Jupiter. It is on PlugShare.

Also used the new Supercharger at the Service Center at Riviera Beach. It is only available to use when the Service Center is open.

Larry,

For the first time in three years I don't have to walk a mile to charge my Model S.

Jupiter Beach Resort
5 North A1A
Jupiter, FL 33477-5190

866-943-0950

Has Two Level 2 chargers in Valet parking area (J1772). They are free to use for guests. It is a lovely small hotel on the beach in Jupiter. It is on PlugShare.

Also used the new Supercharger at the Service Center at Riviera Beach. It is only available to use when the Service Center is open.

Hi Roland,

Thanks for the information.

Here's the plugshare reference: Jupiter Beach Resort | Jupiter, FL | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Larry

Last edited: