Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I might add that this Hilton hotel was excellent. The meeting space was really very pleasant, and we had two very good dinners at the restaurant. The pool area is large and beautiful, but note that it is noisy with music and busy with lots of kids. A good family vacation place, but not a quiet pool area for adults. The Waldorf hotel is adjacent, and also uses the same self-parking structure where the EV charge points are. Its pool area is quieter and more adult-oriented.
Hilton Hotel Bonnet Creek, Orlando, near Disney. Stayed there last Fri and Sat nights. 2 J1772 30 amp charge points, on second floor of self-park garage, next to walkway to hotel. Successful charge. No fee for charge, just regular parking fee. One of the 2 slots was ICEd when I arrived. I mentioned it to the valet guy. He seemed not interested in checking it out or doing anything, but then did mention that sometimes valet will intentionally park ICE there to make sure the slots are available when an EV arrives. Seems doubtful, since the EV spots are in the self-park garage. I did thank the front desk management staff, mentioning that I would not have been able to stay there had they not had the EV charge point. Front desk staffer indicated they plan to gradually install more charge points as demand warrants, all along that row of the garage.

Last edited:
Rosen Shingle Creek Orlando (universal Studios area)

I traveled from Tampa to the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort near Universal Studios in Orlando for a conference earlier this week. I was able to top off for a couple of hours at their Chargepoint units. The parking attendants were not sure about the chargers, but the valet parking folks were extremely helpful. They actually had someone lead me to the units in a golf cart and give me a ride back to the lobby area.

the chargers are a long way from the main entrance, but a very short walk from the convention and meeting space attached to the hotel. When I went out to retrieve my car, I was able to walk in air conditioning and out of the rain until the last 50 yards or so. They charge .13 per kWh but, for the brief "top off" I wanted , it was worth it. Overall the service was excellent and I would stay there again.

Last edited:
The following hotel does not have overnight charging, but it does have access to nearby chargers.

The Intercontinental Hotel in Tampa is located in the Urban Center Office complex. The charging stations are in the complex garage, which is also used by hotel guests.

For those using the station it is a $0.25 charge per kwh. The maximum time vehicles can be left to charge is 4 hours. Once the 4 hours is up you have 15 minutes to move your vehicle to a regular parking spot before you are charged an additional $10.00 per hour surcharge. In order to use these stations you must open an account with SemaConnect.

Larry

Hilton Hotel Bonnet Creek, Orlando, near Disney. Stayed there last Fri and Sat nights. 2 J1772 30 amp charge points, on second floor of self-park garage, next to walkway to hotel. Successful charge. No fee for charge, just regular parking fee.

Is it possible (and permitted) to park there and charge for a few hours if one is not staying at the hotel?

- - - Updated - - -

Westgate Vacation Villas7700 Westgate Blvd.
Kissimmee, Florida 34747

There are two Sema Connect(Chargeport) J1772 chargers located behind the restaurant building. This is the second right after passing through the security gate. A Sema Connect card is required. Cost is $.50/ kwh.
The car charged at 22 mph, 241v, 31a

Thanks for the info. Two questions:

1. Is it permitted to charge there if you are not staying there?
  2. Is an actual CARD from SemaConnect required? Or can the charger be activated with the app, web, or other means?

Is it possible (and permitted) to park there and charge for a few hours if one is not staying at the hotel?

Hi Rodolfo,

Yes, if you are dinning there.

We just returned from a trip to Disney World. We were meeting a large group of our family from up north. They made reservations at the Disney Caribbean Beach Resort, so we stayed there as well. The resort was very nice, but it's not likely we will be staying at any Disney resort again until they provide chargers.

This particular resort provides bus transportation to the theme parks, but you waste too much valuable vacation time waiting for buses and traveling to the parks and back to the resort.

Located a couple of miles away is the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort. It has two J1772 chargers. We drove my Model S there for a very nice dinner at the La Luce Italian restaurant. We were greeted by the valet service who immediately informed us that they were familiar with Teslas. The valet supervisor would park the car and have the car charged while we dined. I provided them the adapter and fob. After a great dinner we had the server validate our parking ticket and we texted the number provided on the ticket to have out car retrieved. Normally valet parking costs $26, but wth dinner it's free and so is the charging.

This was one of the most enjoyable and convenient dinning and charging experiences we've had. So much so that we decided to go there for breakfast. The valet team in the morning were also familiar with Teslas, but they were less sure about charging. I offered the valet team a short course on charging and joined my party for breakfast. Normally the breakfast and lunch valet service costs $7, but they waived the fee in exchange for my little charging course.

Although we haven't stayed at the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort, it looked very nice and it had one of those "lazy river" type pools where you can float around in an inner tube. If you are planning a trip to Orlando I would recommend that you consider it over a Disney resort until Disney provides charging at their resorts.

Note: The Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes has two high capacity J1772 chargers and also has a similiar valet policy when dining there.

Larry

Larry

The management of the Bahama Bay Resort informs me that they have just installed a 30 amp J1772 charger.

They are located at 400 Gran Bahama Boulevard, Davenport, FL 33897 (a few miles from Disney World)
Local Phone: 863-547-1200

The charger is located next to their Club House. It is currently free to overnight guests and patrons of their restaurant. It is not available to the general public.

I have also introduced their facilities manager to the appropriate representative from Tesla and the resort will be pursuing the possibility of installing one or more High Power Wall Connectors. I will update this thread if and when that happens.

This charger is not currently listed on any electric charger locator application.

Here's a link to the updated Google map.

Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations

Larry

Last edited:
The management of the Moonspinner Condominiums and Resort informs me that they have just installed two 30 amp J1772 Clipper Creek chargers.

Moonspinner has over 100 rental condominiums and is located at 4425 Thomas Drive, Panama City Beach Florida. At this time they are the only condominium complex on Panama City Beach to have chargers.

The chargers are positioned at two dedicated parking spots on the Moonspinner property and within view of their 24 hour security. They are reserved for the exclusive and cost-free use of the condo owners and overnight guests. They are not available to the general public.

The chargers are not currently listed on any electric charger locator application.

Larry

Last edited:
There are lots of choices on the east and west coasts but just one on the entire Gulf coast. Has anyone approached hotels there? We could use some DESTINation charging in Destin especially as the I-10 supercharger corridor will soon provide convenient access from the west.

A neighbor of mine owns several properties in Gulf Shores Alabama (Orange Beach) area. Around Thanksgiving I put him in touch with the TESLA destination charging team. The plan is to install 4 HPWC on his properties within 90 days. Hopefully this will be a reality by the end of February. Gulf Shores AL. is not on I-10 but will help give options for those traveling east west. I will post updates as soon as I have more information.

A neighbor of mine owns several properties in Gulf Shores Alabama (Orange Beach) area. Around Thanksgiving I put him in touch with the TESLA destination charging team. The plan is to install 4 HPWC on his properties within 90 days. Hopefully this will be a reality by the end of February. Gulf Shores AL. is not on I-10 but will help give options for those traveling east west. I will post updates as soon as I have more information.

Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for the information, but this thread was established to track Florida hotels with chargers.

Larry

The St Augustine DoubleTree by Hilton has a charging station for guests.

If a guest books a room & calls ahead, they will block off that parking spot for that guest. No additional charge.

Charging is complementary for hotel guests. All guests receive a free parking pass that must be placed on the dash.
Hotel is a five minute walk to the old St Augustine district.

116 San Marco Avenue,St Augustine, Florida,32084
TEL: +1-904-825-1923

The charger is not currently listed on Plugshare or ChargePoint.

St Augustine DoubleTree by Hilton Charger.jpg

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Tesla Find Us web page the Mandarin Oriental in Miami has two 80 amp HPWCs.

Mandarin Oriental, Miami

500 Brickell Key Dr Miami, Florida 33131

Larry

Last edited:
Last edited: