TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Hottest Interior Temperature (according to the app)?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pete8314, Jun 27, 2013.

1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I'm opening the bidding at 140f:

photo.PNG

2. jed-99aggie

jed-99aggie Member

Not to take your thread completely off topic, but I have found the AC and tinted windows to be very effective. I think my hottest was in the low 110s. Our ambient temp here in Houston is a little cooler than DFW or perhaps Phoenix.

However what has been more notice able is the door handle. Anyone have a temperature reading on those puppies when they get hot?

3. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

True...I do have 3M Crystalline all round, except for the windshield that has a different ceramic, I forget the name of it. I could fry an egg on the handles!

4. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

Aw man, highest I've seen on mine so far was 137. I have 3m color stable 20 on all windows/back. I'd hate to think how bad it would be without tint! There's still July/august so...

5. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

We were at 128f when the fan behind the 17" started happening. Geez, 140f is wicked hot!

6. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Ambient is supposed to be 117 degrees in Las Vegas on Saturday....... Interesting to get some interior readings from there!!

7. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

I'm in Phoenix and have only seen 119 as a max. But I garage park most of the time and have Crystaline tint.

But tomorrow maybe worth trying to set a record -- the exterior ​temp is supposed to be 118-120...

8. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

I think we could easily beat 140. I'm just willing to try intentionally. I will be using the covered parking at work.

9. NuclearPowered

Considering it will be 120 here tomorrow, park unshaded and 140 should be easy.

10. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I've been waiting for this thread. I only have 59C (138F) so far. I thought I would be a winner. It was about 95 outside, but started raining, before I could get the interior temp.

I've got 35% ceramic on all my windows too.

wp_ss_20130515_0001.png

This is ahimberg's WindowsPhone app.

11. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Sorry, my previous post was missing the key word "NOT” as in "I'm just NOT willing to try intentionally". I'm in covered parking again at work.

Any other brave Phoenix-area contestants willing to play?

12. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

nope... I did park outside for 20min at Costco while on the way home. But the interior only got up to 92 before I got back to the car -- and it was 118 on the temp readout when I parked. I did put the windshield screen up, so that helped a lot..

13. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

The outside temp reading on my center screen reached 120 today on my way home at 5PM. I tried to get a picture of it, but it dropped to 119 by the time i snapped the pic. Still...

Depending on what my family does tomorrow, I may need to leave the car parked outside unshaded for an hour at a time. I do have darkest legal tint with heat rejection on all windows except windshield, and always use my front windshield cover. But I still think its possible I might beat 140. If I do, I'll get a screenshot.

Though, I did realize 2 wknds ago, one of the nice things about having the large battery (as opposed to the small battery in my Volt) is that I am willing to leave the climate control running for more than 30 min while we're out with the whole family. Not necessairly "green" but sorry, I am now toting a 2.5 YO, 2.5 MO, my wife, and her 65 YO mom. Comfort trumps energy conservation in those situations.

14. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

119 was the highest I saw -- around 3:15 yesterday. Had I gone home later I'm sure I would have seen higher,

but I got a pic...

Attached Files:

15. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

Ya, here's the pick of the 119 I managed to get. Sorry for the blurry cam. Odd thing I noticed in your pic: you are traveling at 65 mph, but your car is unlocked?
    IMG_1811.jpg

16. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

That's an option in settings... I don't have drive-away locking turned on...

17. jomo25

jomo25 Active Member

I see...Still too chicken to let the interior reach a winning number. But I did get the pic of the exterior reaching 121 today.
    IMG_1827.JPG
    And yes, the heat does a number on your Wh/mi numbers if you are doing alot of stopping/going/pre-conditioning. I found yesterday its not a huge impact if you are cruising on the highway. (Higher of course, but just 10% worse). As you can see today, I was running about 30% worse than usual.

18. johndoe74

johndoe74 Member

123F Outside Temp, is this the record so far? hot.jpg

19. Whom

Whom Member

I'll just leave this here

IMG_0826.PNG

20. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

I love the feature too.

The temp seems to top out at 140, iirc.

Tho I've never used "LO" as the target temp. That's just tooo cold.