Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hottest Interior Temperature (according to the app)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm opening the bidding at 140f:

photo.PNG

Not to take your thread completely off topic, but I have found the AC and tinted windows to be very effective. I think my hottest was in the low 110s. Our ambient temp here in Houston is a little cooler than DFW or perhaps Phoenix.

However what has been more notice able is the door handle. Anyone have a temperature reading on those puppies when they get hot?

Not to take your thread completely off topic, but I have found the AC and tinted windows to be very effective. I think my hottest was in the low 110s. Our ambient temp here in Houston is a little cooler than DFW or perhaps Phoenix.

However what has been more notice able is the door handle. Anyone have a temperature reading on those puppies when they get hot?

True...I do have 3M Crystalline all round, except for the windshield that has a different ceramic, I forget the name of it. I could fry an egg on the handles!

I've been waiting for this thread. I only have 59C (138F) so far. I thought I would be a winner. It was about 95 outside, but started raining, before I could get the interior temp.

I've got 35% ceramic on all my windows too.

wp_ss_20130515_0001.png

This is ahimberg's WindowsPhone app.

Sorry, my previous post was missing the key word "NOT” as in "I'm just NOT willing to try intentionally". I'm in covered parking again at work.

Any other brave Phoenix-area contestants willing to play?

nope... I did park outside for 20min at Costco while on the way home. But the interior only got up to 92 before I got back to the car -- and it was 118 on the temp readout when I parked. I did put the windshield screen up, so that helped a lot..

The outside temp reading on my center screen reached 120 today on my way home at 5PM. I tried to get a picture of it, but it dropped to 119 by the time i snapped the pic. Still...

Depending on what my family does tomorrow, I may need to leave the car parked outside unshaded for an hour at a time. I do have darkest legal tint with heat rejection on all windows except windshield, and always use my front windshield cover. But I still think its possible I might beat 140. If I do, I'll get a screenshot.

Though, I did realize 2 wknds ago, one of the nice things about having the large battery (as opposed to the small battery in my Volt) is that I am willing to leave the climate control running for more than 30 min while we're out with the whole family. Not necessairly "green" but sorry, I am now toting a 2.5 YO, 2.5 MO, my wife, and her 65 YO mom. Comfort trumps energy conservation in those situations.

I see...Still too chicken to let the interior reach a winning number. But I did get the pic of the exterior reaching 121 today.
IMG_1827.JPG

And yes, the heat does a number on your Wh/mi numbers if you are doing alot of stopping/going/pre-conditioning. I found yesterday its not a huge impact if you are cruising on the highway. (Higher of course, but just 10% worse). As you can see today, I was running about 30% worse than usual.