Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston Area - Electricity Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why not use Power To Choose for FREE:

Power To Choose | Home

Just be sure to select the "100% RENEWABLE" filter so as to help leave a usable planet for all of us please.

Also, we've had wonderful success with MP2 Energy with an ANNUAL bill of about $14 (as in, "the total for the entire year"), this with two MS's in the garage and absurdly low SEER builder-grade garbage AC units. We do this with our SolarCity/Tesla Energy solar panels.

What a concept: power your house, AND your cars, with power from the Sun?!? Who would've thunk it?

Low rates are possible with Griddy.com . You have to be able to cope with fast moving prices ... which tend to resemble the stock market in many ways. My data since I signed up ~16 months ago:

7.4, 7.3, 8.2, & 7.0¢/kWh, average for each of the first months of 2020.
for all time 9.2¢/kWh (16 months) -- that's all fees and taxes includedl

Peak, last August at 16.2¢/kWh average for the month. Get a $50 rebate on signing up with Griddy.com

Pro tip: Set your car to charge at 3:00AM nightly. Average price per kWh is around 4.2¢/kWh during that time for the last few charges I made on my Tesla.

So your average with Griddy is ~9¢ ? My 2 year contract is 9¢ flat. Anytime I want to use it.
I found it at power to choose.
I see Texas Saver 24 - Pulse Power available in the NE Houston area for 24 months, based on the assumption that monthly consumption is 1,000 kWh. The cost goes to 12.1¢ at 2000 kWh and also to 17.5¢ at 500 kWh. Conceivably, if you are moving back and forth from 1000-2000kWh some middle ground of 9.7¢/kWh is reached. So how far are you into your 2 year contract and who is it with?

Incidentally, the spot-market electric prices are very slightly better in the Dallas area than the Houston area, maybe 0.1-0.2¢ lower. So all these 'plans' have that as a common cost, and may give you a slight advantage.

I am with Windrose energy. I am about a year in. It is a flat rate plan. Most recent bill is $36.30 for 387 kWh. To the $0.09/kWh they added 0.70, 0.06 Misc Gross Receipts Tax, and 0.71 PUC assessment Sales Tax.
House is 2,150 sq ft gas heat and water heat and we used almost no A/C so far this year.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
Why not use Power To Choose for FREE:

Power To Choose | Home

Power to Choose is great if you know what you're doing, sometimes it can be hard to spot you the "gotcha" parts of a plan and know how to apply them to your estimated bill, that's where Energy Choice comes in. If you know exactly what to look for then Power to Choose is fine but be ready to do your homework and read all the fine print. In either case come armed with your previous 12 months of power usage.

Reactions: Missile Toad